1,346 results
All reviews kids club seaweed bath spa treatments bouncy castle family entertainment course dinner swimming pool food was lovely breakfast and dinner relaxing break both mornings leisure facilities family holiday two night stay staff were lovely last weekend sea view
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a wonderful family break at the hollyrood. Our room was very spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Our dinner was delicious and the staff could not have been better; very fast and friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
The breakfast was the same and I really have to say I have never in all my hotel stays been served by warmer, friendlier staff and again nothing was too much trouble.
We had a wonderful time at the leisure centre and the treatments are extremely reasonably priced.
The reception staff are just delightful. They were wonderful to my children also greeting us with a smile and remembering our names, little touches that make you feel welcome and comfortable. They really just went above and beyond to help out anyway they could.
I would stay again tomorrow and we are already planning a return!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
ManagementHH, General Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear MummyBear135, thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review of your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to look after you and your beautiful family. I will pass your kind comments onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Holyrood in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed her for a few nights and I really enjoyed my stay I go there every few months as the staff are so friendly and the food is fantastic.m already planning my next visit.the spa is really worth a visit I had the best facial in a long time .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhona G

Dear Rhona G,Ii am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Holyrood Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, I will pass your comments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future,

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This is actually the third occasion I’ve stayed in the Holyrood Hotel. When I seen the deal the hotel is offering at present I thought I would give it another try, I’m sorry I did now.

I’ve been going to Bundoran for years and the Holyrood hasn’t changed a bit within that time. Check in available from 4pm, seriously? What do they expect people to do all day? I’ve never came across a hotel with such a late ‘earliest check in’.

We initially got room 161, first impressions were good, however, there was a whistle from the window, I assumed the window was slightly left ajar but it wasn’t. There was a gap in the PVC and as the room was ocean facing, there was a light ocean breeze blowing and the loud whistle was non stop and got annoying very quickly, (would hate to have heard it with a brisk breeze). We asked reception could we move and to be fair they were very nice and obliged straight away. However, surely I’m not the first to mention about this issue so get it fixed, you couldn’t get a good nights sleep with that continues whistle.

Moved to room 165, again first impressions were good, room was clean and the view was good etc. Only complaint is the bed is rock hard and the pillows are worn out completely, best off without them they were that thin.

Breakfast following day wasn’t great. The milk for cereal was sour, two waitresses running about like headless chickens, took us 15 minutes to order a full Irish. Anyway, that wasn’t their fault they were lovely and very friendly, just an under staffing issue.

In conclusion, location wise the hotel is absolutely perfect. It’s just evident the hotel isn’t reinvesting any money to keep it maintained to a standard they portray they’re offering. The hotel just comes across as very ‘grubby’. This is the reason I’ll not be returning.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 90JamesB99
ManagementHH, General Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear James, I am disappointed to read the title of your review considering the comments you have made about the hotel. I am sorry that there was a whistle from the window in your first room but I am glad that once we were made aware of the issue we moved you to another room. By all accounts you liked your allocated room,it was clean and well decorated with a good view, the location - perfect and you witnessed our ongoing refurbishment first hand, so how does all this positivity turn into "run down " ?? I am sorry that you found the bed hard and pillows thin. Our beds are hotel quality Respa beds and are chosen further to consultation with Respa , unfortunately we cannot please every individuals specific bed choice. Had you voiced your unhappiness we could have supplied a mattress topper and extra pillows for you. I am sorry that you had a longer than expected wait for breakfast I will pass on these comments to our restaurant manager. I do hope that you will reconsider a future visit to the hotel. .

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We had a very pleasant stay. The hotel is a bit dated but exactly what one would expect of a seaside family spot and the friendliness of the staff more than made up for the decor. I would recommend for short breaks and offers.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M
ManagementHH, General Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Mary M, thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly. I am disappointed that our decor is not to your taste . We have only recently completed refurbishment of our entire ground floor, corridors and will have 100% of our guest rooms refurbished by mid May. I hope you will visit with us again soon .

Reviewed 25 April 2018

It is a shame I am having to write a poor review of this hotel. I have stayed here on numerous occasions, but will probably be looking elsewhere in the future. Though the staff are very helpful & friendly there 3 continual issues. 1) The showers. I have complained several times of showers that do not work. However even though someone from their "facilities" has visited the rooms (306 and 303) on a number of occasions and said the shower mixer valves need refurbishing, this has never been done. 2) The evening menu. Though you will not leave hungry and the food is always well cooked, I have stayed on holiday there over several years and you can near enough guess correctly what will be on. This hotel needs to add some variety. 3) Temperature. As this is an old hotel, there is no air conditioning. The rooms can be too hot (even without the radiators on) and many of the windows do not open (room 306 is an example).

Room Tip: Certainly do not get a south facing room in summer. No air con and not enough windows that open.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear creevy51, further to your review. I think it is unfair to suggest that our showers don't work, from time to time issues do arise like in any other hotel of our size but we always endeavor to fix any problems in a timely manner, when reported to us. We have invested heavily in the refurbishment of the hotel and I am disappointed that our decor is not to your personal liking. The hotel decor is traditional in style with real character reflecting a genuine warm welcome from The Mc Eniff family who have owned and operated the hotel for over 60 years. I will pass on your comments about the evening menu, All windows do open but are restricted for safety reasons, we can remove the child lock on request. I do hope you will visit with us again the future please contact me directly and I will personally look after your reservation