1,514 results
All reviews hot tub the river chill spa floor to ceiling windows on arrival riverside suite relaxation room breakfast in bed spa treatments heritage suite thermal suite spa area glass wall voya products moy suite steam room hake
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a night with dinner included.

Room for B&B was €150 for the night. Very reasonable priced.. we really liked our room. Very comfortable and clean. Relaxing colours and a large bathtub. Only one issue with the room. It was on the ground floor with a tarmac walkway outside it. The view was lovely of the river but we couldnt leave the net curtains open to enjoy it as staff were consistently walking by with bags going to the bins and to the staff smoking area which was behind a wooden fence at the end. This definitely took away from the full enjoyment of the room.
Our meal was amazing, food was cooked perfectly and the restaurant surroundings were fabulous. Staff were friendly and efficient without being intrusive. Excellent selection of wines and a good selection of gins also!
Reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
Overall would definitely recommend this hotel but would not stay in a ground floor room again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
ICE-HOUSE-TEAM, General Manager at The Ice House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay but have also noted the issue with the ground floor room. It is with this information that we can try and improve each guests experience in the Ice House.

Should you wish to come back to us in the future please contact us directly and we will ensure to give you a good rate.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Very disorganised in the bar and dining area.Service was slow and staff very poorly trained.Our bedroom beside an exit door meant we could regularly hear bottles and bins being emptied resulting in a noisy experience overall. NOT relaxing and definitely overpriced. Would not recommend

5  Thank judith D
ICE-HOUSE-TEAM, General Manager at The Ice House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Judith,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We were disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us , if you would like to discuss this in more detail please call us on 096 23500.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We celebrated our anniversaries with some good friends last night, and this is one of the most enjoyable hotels I have stayed in. We had a very large traditional suite, and our friends booked a new modern suite. Both had great river views. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tubs, steam room and sauna, but what made the place special was the staff. There was a mix of local staff and some European staff, all were clearly well trained, and extra friendly. I often wonder why other hotels restaurants etc don't get that if staff are trained to be friendly, everything else feels better. Perhaps a perfectionist might find fault over little things, but in the Ice house everyone makes you feel as if they are your friends from the time you check in until you leave.
When staff are this good an very good hotel becomes a great one
Well done the staff and management at this hotel

Room Tip: Traditional suite is huge and has a great bed, modern rooms are closer to the edge of the river, both great
1  Thank DavidCAnnahilt
ICE-HOUSE-TEAM, General Manager at The Ice House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review on trip advisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff here will appreciate the kind comments regarding your stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the future,

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

What hotel hires a window cleaner to clean outside my bathroom window at 9am. Imagine how I felt when I came face to face with a strange man after I came out of my shower. You think you’re in a safe environment on the 2nd floor. For €320 I’d expect a hotel to at least ensure the room has been vacated. Very disgusted and very disappointed.

5  Thank Stella C
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Firstly I want to say that myself and husband just spent two nights here as a break from kids and family life etc... all in all we had a lovely time. But honesty I feel that was because of the break rather than the hotel itself. We did enjoy the stay....but we both had mixed feelings and felt it missed the mark on certain things.
On arrival I was a bit surprised by its location and almost drove by it...a sign might be nice.
The website is nice and slick and thus was expecting an element of this, but as we arrived to our room...I felt slightly let down. Granted we weren’t staying in one of the top end rooms...but all the same we felt bit underwhelmed. This was suppose to be a modern type room.....butI felt that this would have been the “modern cool” room If i was I staying here in the early noughties. It’s a bit 10-15years behind.
The carpet was dull and the chairs were tired leatherette and looked like something from a office reception room 10 years ago. No cushions on them. It’s was a bit drab to say the least. The headboard had a lot of marks on it. I understand hotel rooms get used , but I don’t need to reminded of it. The shower had good power, but because there is little wall coverage...the bathroom floor got washed with each shower.
Foxford Mills is not too far away...and I would suggest that maybe a decor change with some of their amazing furniture etc would definetly bring it up to scratch a bit more.
I feel the property doesn’t make the most of its potential. I had a nice view over the lake, but when I walked to window, we were looking down on run down tarmacadam and crappy black rail. This would be so much nicer spruced up and maybe glass rail instead like used over by spa side. There was the odd work man up and down and one morning a work van was parked below in front of someone’s window. Things like this put me off a little.
We only used the hot tubs in the spa area....which are nice but a little on view. On two occasions I was asked by passers by above if I was cold. And at one stage I opened my eyes to look up to see a family staring down at me.
Maybe they could be placed more privately or something.
For me the saving grace of this hotel Is the restaurant....we thought the food was amazing. Really really nice and the service was lovely also. Top food. I would recommend people to go and eat there.
Our bill for two nights was over €600... granted this was for two dinners with drinks also.
But we were in a pretty normal room with no spa treatments. And for me , for this price...I didn’t think it was worth it.
As I said, I did have a nice break...but felt it bit overpriced. I think they need to update slightly.
I don’t mean all super modern as I understand there is an older side to the building. Just maybe get an interior expert in to change it up . Please visit Foxford Mills interiors and you will know what I mean.
We have travelled extensively over the years and for us we just felt little underwhelmed all being told.
I work in a creative industry and I guess I might be more picky than others as part of my job would be attention to detail. So hence I guess I had bigger issues than others might have. But I can only give my opinion.

Room Tip: Don’t stay on lower floor as looking out at crappy railing. The higher the better. The older rooms/suites look like they have nicer decor.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple