We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Lakeside lodges in Mount Falcon. We had a lovely holiday in a 3 bed lodge which was extremely comfortable, modern and very well fitted out. The kichen was equipped with dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, oven and hob with plenty of cutlery, utensils and crockery etc. The utility room had a washing machine, iron and ironing board. All the bedrooms had double beds and were all ensuite. The Lodges look out onto a lovely lake with its own ducks and even 11 ducklings!! These were a great source of entertainment for our young children. We also used the pool which was just a nice size and even had a small paddling pool for toddlers.
The Hotel itself is very nice with an excellent restaurant. Breakfast was included in our 3 night rental and the hot breakfast was cook to order and of a very high standard. We did not have dinner in the restaurant but I had eaten there previously and had a lovely meal then also.
I would highly recommend the Lodges for families. The staff supplied roll away beds, a cot and highchair for our children. It was great to arrive after our journey and find all these things in place as per our reservation. Staff were extremely helpful and nothing was a problem.
All in all a great stay and I would love to return again in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mount Falcon Estate lies by the banks of The River Moy ( the most prolific wild Atlantic Salmon river in Ireland ) between Foxford and Ballina ( The Salmon Capital of Ireland ). The Estate consists of a 4 star deluxe 32 bedroom hotel, Luxury lodges, fishing for wild Atlantic Salmon on its own stretch of the river Moy, a 3 acre rainbow trout stocked lake, a School of Falconry, 100 acres of mature woodland, a 3 km walking / jogging / biking trail, an Elemis Spa and Clay pigeon shooting. The house was built in 1876 and was a wedding present from one young groom to his new wife. The Estate was originally owned by The Knox family whose ancestors are buried in the circular graveyard next to a Megalithic tomb located on the Estate. Opened in 2006 Mount Falcon was the youngest ever hotel to win The AA Hotel of the year. In 2015 the Hotel was named the best Manor House Hotel in Ireland. The Hotels 'Kitchen Restaurant' holds 2 AA Rosettes and has received numerous awards for Best Hotel Restaurant in Connaught and The Best Head Chef in Connaught, the most recent award received was in 2015 for Best Chef in Connaught(by the Good Eating Guide). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HRS, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Mount Falcon Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Falcon Estate Hotel Ballina
- Mount Falcon Country Hotel
- Mount Falcon Country Ballina