“A Home from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 78 Dingle B&B and Inns
Dublin
“A Home from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have had many stopovers my travels but few to compare with Dúinín House. Cosy and comfortable rooms and a first class breakfast served in a spacious dining room with a picture postcard view of Dingle town and bay. A good night's sleep is guaranteed as the hustle of the town is a ten minute walk away. Anne and Pat are entertaining hosts who have an infectious love for this part of the world and will expertly map out your Dingle visit for you. Pat brings music to the mix with his fine accordion playing. Hope I get back there soon. Dave S

Room Tip: The rooms facing the fields are a little quieter but the ones to the front provide easier access fro...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I drove around Ireland for our vacation. We decided to stay in Dingle and booked the Duinin House. We did not go wrong. The house is beautiful and the views of the town and harbor are amazing. I didn't have breakfast (as I chose to sleep in a bit) but my wife said it was wonderful. The rooms are spotless and set up perfectly. Anne and Pat were extremely nice and are definitely great people who love what they do and they do it well. This is a great place to stay and recommend it to anyone in the Dingle area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We visited the Duinin House in September 2011. Upon our arrival, Anne greeted us with freshly baked scones and fresh, perfectly prepared, french pressed coffee (the best we had in Ireland). We stayed in two comfortable rooms, both meticulous, while we were out, our rooms were straightened up and coats even hung in closets. Pat offered many local sights, hikes and day trips and was very helpful. Anne prepared the BEST breakfast we ate in the two weeks in Ireland. It was served in the scenic conservatory, which is also lovely for a day of relaxing with reading, puzzles or games if needed.

The B&B was perfectly situated just outside the town (walkable) and close to the MUST see Conor's Pass. While there, just past Conor's, on the right is a little waterfall. Hike up the slick rocks to the gorgeous glacial lake Peddlar's Lake. Ask Pat and Anne about where to see live music, get a drink or eat. All of their recommendations were stellar. We went to John Benny for oysters and live music; James G. Ashe (related to Gregory Peck) for a culinary innovative dinner. Also, take the Dingle Peninsula drive over the Ring of Kerry if you have to choose. I would go back to Dingle just to stay with Pat and Anne at the Duinin House.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Hamilton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

A nice elevated location situated just out of Dingle township. Our room was modest with a tiny en-suite, satisfactory for a night.The dining area was lovely, the breakfast excellent and the hosts pleasant and welcoming. Sound value.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DonHelen
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I don't stay in B&Bs that often but from the minute I stepped in the door it felt like home. We took up 4 rooms and stayed for 2 nights and everybody had the same opinion of the place. The rooms were clean and Pat and Anne looked after us in every way. Pat even cleared out space in their shed so I could put my bike in there. The breakfast was beautiful. I had the porridge(I can still taste it) and the scrambled egg. I'd go back there for the breakfast alone. I would recommend this place for anyone looking for somewhere nice to stay in Dingle.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends