1,267 results
All reviews helen brian jacuzzi bath bread and butter pudding pancakes boutique hotel thought of everything dingle bay small hotel kippers tea and coffee fantastic hosts two nights junior suite little touches view of the bay sitting room amazing breakfast
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Hi First of all delighted with your recent reward. Well done and deserved.

Myself and my wife stayed there last year while attending a wedding and despite having to change my reservation late in the day due to an accident, we could not have been made more welcome.

Its a really nice product, very high quality and the breakfast is out of this world. Had stayed the previous month in Lough Eske Hotel in donegal and this was as good if not better.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We selected this B&B for our Dingle stay during my 50th birthday holiday (in July 2010) to Ireland and Scotland based on the reviews of others here and elsewhere. I must say that all the superlatives did Brian and Helen justice; our experience could not have been bettered. From the luxurious linens and luscious bath amenities to the phenomenal breakfasts (we still can taste Brian's incredible bread pudding) to the wealth of information provided by our hosts, we had the most delightful time in this magical place. Congratulations to you both for all the accolades you have received. Well done, indeed!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MusicProfessor60
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We had an opportunity to stay at Castlewood in May 2011 on a family adventure in Ireland. It was absoluvely the nicest place I've stayed in my travels, and run by the kindest people you will ever meet. The room was fantastic, and the food was even better. I can still conjur up memories of the wonderful breakfasts provided each morning as easily as if I were there yesterday.

The Inn is located far enough away from town to be very quiet, but is a reasonable walk for most travelers who don't mind using their feet, and has plenty of parking. Rooms are quiet, private, and luxurious.

Even though we stayed for only three nights, we felt like family before we left. Contrats on the ratings, Brian and Helen.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank truthinfood
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Number one in Ireland, Number two in Europe, Number six in the world!
that says it all really, couldn't improve on it
Haven't been back to Castlewood for a year or so, but had to say congratulations to Helen and Brian, so pleased for you both, richly deserved for all you give to your guests.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seekerUkMidlands
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My family (2 adults, one teenager and a nine year old) spent our Summer holiday in Castlewood House last year. It was only a short break (four days) and we splashed out on Castlewood House rather than a larger hotel. From the fabulous welcome, the luxurious accommodation and with bathrooms bigger than my bedroom at home, we were truly well looked after. The views of Dingle Bay from Castlewood House are very calming and restful.
We ate a hearty breakfast each morning (excellent food, amazing choice) and were never hungry until evening time. Brian and Helen were so friendly and welcoming and the small touches, such as shawls and blankets at the door, tea and coffee to take with you on your day's journey, and the bottled water in the bedrooms, all made Castlewood House that little bit special. I am delighted that they have won this accolade and wish them all the best in 2012 and for the future. I only hope that they have room for us this year! Congratulations.

Room Tip: I would recommend any room on the ground floor with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family