All reviewspastry chefdefinately stay hereirish breakfastgreat water pressurebreakfast choicesroom was cleanstayed here for one nightring of kerryminute walkquiet locationfollowing morningfamily roomsconesmaryirelandtownrates
Reviewed 8 October 2016

The rooms were nice and very clean. The establishment is new and in very good condition. Mary is a lovely and charming hostess. Her breakfasts were absolutely delicious. To walk down to the centre part of town, we strolled through a beautiful pathway. I really don't want to share this b&b with anyone, I would like to keep it to myself.

Room Tip: I had no concerns.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016

The accommodations are very nice, very clean with a lot of personal touches by the owner (Mary is great). The cafe is inviting with windows looking out on the garden. It's just what you want to see when you emerge from your room, a little bleary from a night at the pubs. A great selection for the included breakfast but there is also fresh pastries, pies, scones etc. if you want to go off of the "included: menu. The town is a short walk through a trail that crosses a brook, fields and flower covered walls. Very safe as well when the pubs close. (Yes, I like pubs and in Kenmare there are so many pubs and so little time.)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Harney556
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Great location. Short walk to kenmare. Friendly welcome and very helpful staff. Modern clean room. Comfy bed. Amazing pressure in shower. Pretty gardens. Breakfast was delicious and in a bright conservatory overlooking the garden.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank piscin
Reviewed 4 September 2016

I stayed on a Friday night prior a race competition. The manager was extremely helpful and accommodating to my needs before and after the race. I really appreciate the effort she made to make me feel at home.

On the room I felt comfortable and I slept well. It was clean, so it was the bathroom. The cafe has lovely food and cakes to die for, nice coffee too.
Town center is within 5 mins walk.

I can definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank RayIreland99
MOLVV, Owner at The Rose Garden B&B and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

We hope to see you next year and fingers crossed already for a better weather!! It sounded like a tough competition

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Spent two nights at the Rose Garden B&B, as booked by hiking provider. The B&B is located right on Kerry Way trail. The room was clean and the shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. No shower gel, shampoo or hair dryer provided. Our room was near the night B&B entrance and it was very noisy. Also, the walls are extremely thin. We could easily hear other guests during the night. It's about a 10-12 minute walk into town. There is no management/host on site during the night, if you need assistance or have a problem, there is a phone number posted on the bedroom wall to call.

Breakfast was okay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
MOLVV, Owner at The Rose Garden B&B and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Thank you for your review.
Our B&B is located on the Kerry way trail, and is an ideal location for anyone walking this route.
I do have to correct you however on the distance to town, there is a foot path which is also part of the Kerry way, and even for a slow and inexperienced walker, this walk takes between 6 to 8 minutes, and you are in the centre of town.
We provide shampoo and soap to all our guests, they are on the shelf above the bathroom sink and each guest is offered a hairdryer on check in.
I am sorry you found the rooms noisy. In high season we are very busy and all our rooms are full. In general people comment that they sleep very well due to our quite location.
My fiancé and I run the business ourselves, we are at reception from 8am to 7pm everyday, and are very often at the desk until 9pm, and we also run our café on site which is open from 8.30 am to 5pm. Once it is 9pm and all our guests are checked in and are given the relevant information, we lock off our café area and the reception, obviously we don't sit up all night or sleep in the cafe. If a guest needs assistance at night we have a contact number to call and we are there within minutes to assist them.
I am sorry our breakfast did not live up to your expectations, we offer a wide choice of cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and our menu includes a full Irish, a mini breakfast, egg Florentine, scrambled egg, smoked salmon and more all of which is cooked fresh to order.
We hope to welcome you back to The Rose Garden in the future