All reviews twin beds hot water yogurt ring of kerry close to town full irish breakfast on arrival kathleen wifi host cottage tv ireland sleep
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The location was close to town center, but I still drove into town as we were a bit tired of walking. there are several parking locations downtown that made it easy. The food in the morning was delicious and timely service meant we were able to get a good breakfast and head out for the day early. Friendly owners. Wifi was not very good here and neither was the hot water.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachgirl9211
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We spent 1 night in this B&B in Kenmare and it was a lovely stay!

The B&B grounds were beautifully maintained, the pictures of the gardens that are posted don't do them justice!
Our host gracious met me at the door and informed me I had the last booking and if a room with twin beds be to our liking. While 2 twin beds for a couple on vacation are less than desirable, the room was charming and clean. The beds were quite comfortable and a nice change to have a bed to ourselves! The room does not have A/C but you can open the windows and get a wonderful night time breeze! The room had an en suite bath with linens and toiletries, a TV, wi-fi, and plenty of closet and dresser space should one be staying longer than the 1 night we did.
Breakfast was included and the food was delicious! The menu isn't extensive but includes hot and cold cereals, eggs, bacon or ham, toast, fruit, coffee/tea, and juices, more than one needs to keep them full and start the day off well!
The host was very warm, kind, and most apologetic that she only had 1 room with twin beds remaining (even though she most certainly had nothing to apologize for, especially since we waited til the day of to book a room!). We headed out on the open road for our next destination in the morning but would have loved to spend more time at the B&B and Kenmare!

The B&B is located very close to the main streets of Kenmare and directly across from a golf course! Kenmare is a quaint little town with plenty of shops and restaurants to enjoy! A definite must stop when traveling the south west region of Ireland!

Room Tip: Book early as the rooms go fast! Cash only, so bring euros!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

This b&b is very close to the town and the rooms are very clean. With lovely garden's and parking. My room was more old style the biggest disappointment was the shower water was frozen in the morning and only luke warm in the evening . We had been out cycling the ring of Beara (now that was amazing) so a hot shower is must. If you have any special needs for breakfast like vegetarian or vegan best ring a head as it's all done from a menu.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ailishtracey
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

The couple really runs it like a home away from home making guests feel truly welcome and taken care of. It's very well maintained and pretty, very close to the Main Street, breakfast is just Devine - over all a great experience

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Himani-Khanna
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stayed one night here in a twin bedded room upstairs. Carpets on the floors and stairs. Our room had a bath as well as the shower in it, and was very clean. The bed was comfortable and had blankets, not duvet. WIFI was available at a table in the hall upstairs, but did not stretch to our room at the back.
The breakfast started with a menu, and you gave your order to the host. Fresh orange juice was a treat, and then I had fresh fruit salad with yoghurt and asked for a little muesli on top, which was very nice. While scrambled egg was not on the menu, I was delighted to get it, along with bacon and tomato. There was toast and brown bread and I had coffee. This was one of the best breakfasts I had eaten!
We admired the garden outside which was well kept, and the colours of the different trees was so well co-ordinated.
I would love to return here when I was next in the area. Our host was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends