“Great pub and vibe”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 34
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Spillanes is a long established family- run, family friendly, Bar - Restaurant on the scenic Maharees Peninsula. They have been awarded the prestige of the Seafood Circle Award for several years as well as a listing in the Georgina Campbell Guide to the best of Ireland. Spillanes menu offers a wide range of dishes with the emphasis on local seafood, fresh vegetables grown locally in season,Wonderful Irish beef , typical Irish traditional fare, as well as daily specials, Pizzas, homemade burgers and homemade desserts, a good wine list and friendly staff. There are sea and mountain views and outdoor tables for dining when weather permits. During the busy summer season it is advisable to book your table in advance, although Spillanes will try to fit you in if at all possible.
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Loved Spillanes. Exceptional curry, cozy atmosphere, very friendly service, and a nice but small outdoor area with picnic tables from which you can see the village and water.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

This one one of the best nights we had in our recent week in the west or Ireland. We stayed at the Airbnb of Rose, who helps run Spillane's. It was pretty easy choice for dinner, since it was a lovely 5 minute walk down the road by the beach. We were enthusiastically greeted (as "Rose's guests) and seated immediately.

The entire 3 hour evening could not have gone better. Our server, Grace, was light-hearted and funny, and made sure we had everything we needed. It was a lively Saturday night, and very busy, but Grace and the other staff seemed at ease and on top of it all. Next to us was a table of about a dozen local men, maybe a surfing club, enjoying a big meal and laughing throughout. that added to the overall mood of Spillane's.

We were attended to in every way, from a pre-meal Guinness to appetizers (lovely crab legs) straight through the meal, dessert and whiskey. Honestly, I can't recall what my fiance ate, but I had the single best piece of fish I'd ever had in my life. It was the Dingle cod, perfectly prepared and succulent. Very lightly dressed and sauced, but utterly perfect. I told Grace that it was quite probably the best fish I'd ever eaten, and soon Betty came by to ask about it. that launched us in to a half hour discussion of life, living, Ireland, traditional music, waiting tables and all kinds of things. This kind of moment is why Ireland so captivated us, and has us considering moving there. then Betty helped me pick out a great Irish whiskey to round out the night.

At the end of the evening, we had leftovers we wanted to take back to Rose's Airbnb. Betty suggested she could just wrap the dishes and have Rose bring them back the next day. That sealed it for us. A tear-inducingly lovely evening in one of our new favorite places on Earth. Hello and many thanks to all the good people at Spillane's, in Fahamore and Castlegregory!

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We only found this place because we booked an airbnb nearby, it exceeded our expectations by far! I had the seafood bumble and loved it. Best food we've had in Ireland so far. Busy place, in early October we were able to walk in but if I came back in the summer would probably call ahead.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Visited last weekend and had the most delicious seafood platter. Food is really first class and served by young staff who are very accommodating and happy to be of assistance to make the experience the best possible. Ordered food and didn't have long to wait on a most delicious platter and goats cheese salad. Needless to say plates were well cleaned!! Great selection on platter with fresh salmon and crab being delightful. Overall a very enjoyable meal in friendly, happy surroundings.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came for dinner and had the breaded scampi and local plaice and it was amazing - just melted in our mouths! We would definitely come back again.

1  Thank kaitlynblanco