“Great Meal - what a find !”
Review of Gregory's Garden

Gregory's Garden
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We booked here on the recommendation of the owner of our B&B and so glad we did we went.
It is small and very rustic but every one was friendly and service was good, the wine menu & drink menu not extensive but it is a small place.
Our food was good, we had the lamb which was delicious and so well presented I would definitely recommend going.I just wish I lived nearer!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

had mozzarella starter which was ok, chicken for main course was tough and over cooked, partner had soup which was lovely and halibut for main course which again was overcooked.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I ate dinner here with my husband at the weekend we were visiting friends in the area and had heard about this restaurant, I see a review below from someone saying the place is cramped with too many tables, I wouldn't have said that at all in fact I thought it was spacious. The food is beautiful I had the soup to start and the pan friend chicken for main and my husband had the steak finished off with a brownie and rhubarb and apple tart for dessert and I have to say it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. The service was really good the waiter asked us a few times was everything okay and we felt he gave enough attention that wasn't in our face. I t was end of season in the village so it was very quiet but that didn't seem to make any different to the quality of the food, I really like this place its very relaxed and intimate and we had one of the best meals we have had in a long time there.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Small=cramped by the way! Too many tables in too small a place.
Staters unimaginative - the deep fried calamaris were the worst ever tried.
Main course - Kerry lamb was good - well cooked but small portions and the charcoal grilled carrots were black and bitter,the other vegetables were OK.
Wine list was notable for its paucity allied to the fact that most wines were off the list.Clear it was the end of the season=your fault for coming too late(?)
Potential it may have this restaurant - when reading the other reviews particularly those giving excellent ratings - however had the feeling it was a sub optimal Day in the kitchen at the end of the season.
If so why bother opening- be honest to yourself and spare the client.
These things puts off returners to Castlegregory - not only at your cost but to the others in the tourist business. Pity!

2  Thank Huboldtontour
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Small space, so best to book. There's about half dozen things to choose from and in our recent 2 visits with different groups, we got to try most of the food. All was well prepared, seasoned, of good quality and tasted fantastic. As a fish fan, I always go for whatever they've got on the menu, but the lamb, pork belly and cote de bouef where all excellent. Wine is reasonably priced. Front of house are helpful and friendly, but are trying to take care of all the tables and in tight quarters. Highly recommend.