2,475 results
All reviews lighthouse restaurant villa host lime restaurant water pool villa our honeymoon fish deluxe villa dive centre lobster bisque reef sharks small island half board indian ocean outdoor shower male airport the resort manager other resorts
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say...Baros is paradise! From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We were whisked off to our over water villa by our amazing villa host named Azzam. The villa was worth every penny, it was stunning and the view you have over the ocean is pure bliss. We saw many fish and black reef tipped sharks swim by which was incredible. The food was out of this world, we choose the half board dine around option which was great. We had a large breakfast each morning which was enough to see us through to dinner. Dinners are amazing especially at the lime restaurant. We booked the holiday and wedding through tropical sky which we would reccomend as they were the cheapest & very easy to deal with. For the wedding we chose the sand bank ceremony. We met with the wedding coordinator Domi quite soon into our trip and she put our mind at ease about everything. She was so lovely & made sure the whole day went exactly how we had planned. We also booked the photographer through the hotel and the pictures came out incredible! We spent a long time debating about getting married in england or abroad & we opted to have a simple registry office ceremony & elope just the two of us to the maldives & we have no regrets, best decision we ever made! All the staff were lovely, special mention to zoey (i think that was her name) our flower girl, she was so enthusiastic and sweet. Finishing or wedding evening sipping champagne on the piano deck just the two of us listening to the ocean was just heaven. Do not hesitate to book to come to baros you will not regret it!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E S
Management response:Responded 9 April 2018

Dear E S

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing such an amazing review of your recent stay in our beautiful Baros Maldives. It makes us very proud to know that our legendary team ensured you were treated like royalty throughout the special holiday with us. Above anything else, I am glad to see that the services received throughout your stay have been more than perfect. We go to the extra mile to make sure that every single guests receive the absolute comfort and luxury services at all times.

It is great that you have found the breakfast buffet is exceptional, as we take extra care to ensure your day starts with great delight. I am glad you have very much enjoyed the mesmerizing Piano dinner and drinks and there is no doubt its a magical experience. Incredible sunset and natural sound from the ocean could be the most interesting memories you cannot forget!

I agree with you that Baros is a true paradise that most couple dream to have. It is a hypnotic luxury romantic place where every space at Baros exudes warmth and guarantees total privacy. Undoubtedly underwater marine life around the resort is also mesmerizing.

We are very happy that our legendary team has provided an exceptional service and most importantly exceed the expectations. I have already passed your compliment to the team and in particular, Azam, Domi and Amy were overjoyed to learn their effort and service been recognized.

We are looking forward your return to heavenly Baros for another breathtaking holiday experience!

From us all, warmest regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Baros met all our expectations and more!
An idyllic, beautiful, well maintained island paradise with warm, efficient friendly staff.
Room was beautiful, all 3 restaurants were great and the snorkelling off their house Reef was superb

Highly highly recommended - we hope to be able to come back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GaryandDeb54

Dear GaryandDeb54,

What a wonderful description you shared with us! Thank you so much for your compliments and also the recommendation. It is a true delight to read your comments about how gorgeous and exceptional was our service to you. Your kind words empower the entire team at Baros to consistently keep a good work and continue to offer stunning experience.

Baros is a peaceful idyllic relaxing place with total privacy and offer personalized premium services to make our guests feel at home and enjoy the luxury of all time in every way. Our blissful island offers a beautiful landscape of blue ocean and majestic sunset that incredibly stretch to the horizon from our iconic lighthouse restaurant and lounge. It is a must try experience whenever you are on Baros.

Our culinary experiences is a state of art with a global team of professional chefs in our 3 restaurants, in Baros we are committed to fulfill all of our guest wishes and I am pleased to learn that you found it all excellent. I could not agree more that we have a superb house reef that gives marvelous world class snorkeling experience to most of our guest.

We value and thank you for your sincere feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our relaxing Baros.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Villa 106 (1 wk), North facing was fabulous. Peacefully quiet. The service of the staff is definitely 6 star, from airport pickup to the waving send off at departure. Nothing is too much trouble. Friendly in a genuine manner, right down to the gardeners.
In the Room: Bottle of Prosecco was waiting for me upon arrival. Villa attendant Hassan was very diligent in his twice daily visits to ensure room was immaculately cleaned & beach towels\supplies like water, coffee, fruit bowl etc topped up. He even laid out my some of my toiletries neatly on a white cloth beside the bathroom sink upon arrival. His turn down service visits usually occurred whilst I was having dinner, & left a different bedtime snack for me to find when i came back. Each night a different treat, all with a card identifying what it was (eg rum balls, ginger biscuits, etc) & the ingredients.
The Island: The island itself takes about 10-15 mins to walk around via the path. You can snorkel around it, outside of the wall depending on the currents which can be substantial. Snorkelling was fantastic with an abundance of tropical fish both inside the wall & just beyond on the outer reef. Resident hawksbill turtles sighted on all of my dives & snorkels, plenty of black fin reef sharks too, plus the odd octopus. The coral is recovering from the 2016 bleaching & supposedly offers the best house reef in the Maldives. It is not in good shape but there is clear evidence of recovery, so the future looks promising. The water was a warm 30 degrees. Complimentary snorkel gear provided by the Marine Ctr. I took my own mostly but used their fins. There is a significant amount of lush tropical greenery making it both very private & nicely shady from the sting of the hot sun. Considering how close the villas are to each other, the vegetation does a great job in this arena. The sand paths bare crushed coral resemblance & are raked daily by the gardeners who pick up any fallen leaves & debris. The island always looks immaculate. Hidden away in the center are the 300 odd staff who live there. Hard to imagine given you barely see any sign of that many or their accommodations, or other guests during the day (85% occupancy during my stay). Also in the center is the desalination plant for water & their own power plant which I was assured was very quiet. Certainly I never heard it, can't speak for the staff living close to it though. Since I live in the tropics myself, the vegetation was similar to my home, which I love. I loved their effort to be environmental, including eco friendly bathroom supplies.
Island Food: Fantastic!! Breakfast at the Lime Restaurant was included in my package, as was the island speed boat transfers from the airport. The offerings vast, including a glass or more of Prosecco! I was offered the same on arrival whilst my Villa Host explained all the services of the island, prior to taking me on a guided walk. I had breakfast at the Lime every morning & looked out from the shade of a deck table over the Infinitey pool to the lagoon & then ocean. The colours amazing. There was a bit of haze most days, possibly heat as temps varied from 30 C at 9 am to 35 an hour later.
I had dinner at Cayenne, the 2nd most expensive place to dine on the island & only open for lunch & dinner. It sits partially over the water with magnificent views, including the lights of Male, the capital. The Mgr of the restaurant happily chatted with me for about 20 mins, & I ate the most delicious steak on the lower deck as I watched 9 reef sharks dart by. All dinners are by candle light tables. Bit hard to see but gives the air of privacy & romance. I ate 1 dinner at the Lighthouse Restaurant. Again on the outside decking in high backed seats perpendicular to the water. Another sensational steak that night, cooked in front of me by a very smiley chef. All dinners start with a trio of breads & dips, different each night. All fresh. I don't usually eat bread but couldn't help but try all. Delicious. The amount of choices available was incredible, regardless of which if the 3 restaurants eaten at. Some nights I left it to the waiters to recommend something & was never disappointed.
Services: Marine Biologist talks very informative & complimentary, 2 per wk. Island walking tour also the same, plus incuded a drink afterwards. Drinks with the Managers event was lovely although I didn't talk to any staff who seemed too afraid to mix unless offering drinks or food, but did meet a lovely couple who'd just arrived from the UK. The Spa room I had was impressive, complete with 2 beds, outdoor shower, separate change room, outdoor bath & couch, plus a steam\shower room which I found far too hot for me...hahaha. My treatment started with cool cup of delicious lemon ginger honey tea & finished reclined in another room overlooking a garden with a pot of hot lemon ginger honey tea. I made use of an extra discount by booking within 24 hrs of arrival. Fabulous experience. The biggest let down for this resort is definitely the diving. I found the staff either couldn't advise on currents which I found to be substantial, or it was lost in translation. I was saddened to see 1 staff member pick up an overturned bit of living coral, the white side was facing up, & bash a Crown of Thorn starfish (which are invasive) with the living side. Bits of blue (living) broke off in the effort. Meanwhile myself & the other clients had to hang onto coral so as not to get dragged away by the current & helplessly watch. I tried not to grab living coral. There is also no area to sit & chat about the dives afterwards when back at the Marine Ctr, so that log books can be signed & fish identified. The only seating is cushioned, seemingly to attract new customers not wet returning ones.
Summary: This is a resort that goes above & beyond. Their excellence being about the small details & they do it well. I valued the eco friendly efforts made.

Room Tip: Nth facing Villas quietest. No need to bring toiletries as supplied
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Cate8089

Dear Cate 8089,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful and comprehensive review, it means a lot to us. I am delighted to know that your journey was peaceful, relaxing with great experiences. Nothing that makes me and the entire team happy than learning how enjoyable was your stay at Baros.

We've been creating culinary magic here on number of years, taking the time to perfect classic dishes, while innovating with new techniques and ingredients from around the world. From lavish buffet breakfasts by the pool to fine dining at the legendary Lighthouse, every meal is another opportunity for you to relish a favorite or try something more daring.

Indeed Baros Maldives is a very exclusive and blissful island. We only offer unique experiences and premium luxury products to our guest. Every part of Baros is stunning especially the marine life. You will not only see how beautiful and rich our marine life is, but you also get to experience a world-class snorkeling experience with our professional team. However, In relation to your other remarks, it is most unfortunate to read that your expectations were not fully met during your diving experience and we apologize for all the inconvenience caused. Nevertheless, your comments have been duly noted.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to welcome you back soon in not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The arrival experience to Baros is perfect. It takes only 25 to 30 minutes approximately to reach this beautiful island surrounded by a spectacular house-reef in Male atoll. The resort has 3 restaurants and the quality and choices of food & beverage is something you will notice from the first experience. Mostly ala carte except breakfast is a big wow with the selection & fresh fruits. I enjoyed snorkelling the most and encountered 1 turtle and quite a few sharks. Eliza was my marine biologist & guide and she did an amazing job!

One of the best sunsets are at Baros, visiting the piano deck for a champagne dinner was a true highlight beside the scrumptious dishes served at the Lighthouse. The piano deck stands 100 meters away from the island and looks like a grand piano from above. You can only imagine having your dinner with your partner under the stars like this, only once in a lifetime.

Baros truly lives up to the legendary name it holds and is definitely worth spending every penny! The service by the team is seamless.

Stayed: September 2017
3  Thank Shanoon K

Dear Shanoon K,

I appreciate your warm words about Baros and I am delighted that you chose to stay with us. I am honored to read your feedback and that you mentioned us “The True Essence of Maldives”. We are committed to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a unique and luxurious level of experience that we offer.

Baros offers an ultimate relaxation and complete privacy to all the guest. Lush with mature palm trees, brilliant tropical vegetation and exotic beach overlooking the turquoise sea will spoil your eyes and soul. The personalized service and warm welcome from your arrival until we had to say see you soon makes us the most relaxed resort that our guest always miss.

Moreover, snorkeling is one of the best activities that we offer. And I agree that Elisa is great in what she does. She and her team in Marine Center consistently monitor our house reef and you will be glad to know that we offer great coral conservation programs at Baros.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your romantic piano dinner with your partner. Maldives is a little oasis itself and it is always stunning to catch up with the most breathtaking sunsets in the middle of the ocean which gives even more opportunity to cocoon the intimacy levels with your loved ones.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your thoughts and we look forward to welcoming you back for your another magical escape in Baros.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We have enjoyed our short trip at Baros. Service was amazing. Food was really delicious. Lighthouse restaurant was our favourite and it’s awsome. Service in Lighthouse was perfect. Breakfast was our best meal of the day. All staffs are very friendly. We stayed in beach villa. We had a very nice beach. We loved the room. Staffs treated us very well even though there was a language barrier. Sails Bar staffs took great care of us. They also had 3 days live music played at Sails bar and it seems like all visitors enjoyed it. House reef was super good for snorkeling.

Hotel GM the Jay is a great leader. Franz was a charming young man we met from Switzerland. Chilli and his team was very good. Chilli kept his eyes opened everywhere. Shaz, Zoey in breakfast was amazing. Maybe we can‘t Name all staffs but everyone did their best to make our holiday perfect. Ramxy our villa host did great job to give us the best experience.

We will come next year for sure to celebrate our Birthday.

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank RaoulK70
Management response:Responded 9 April 2018

Dear Raoul K,

Many thanks for your positive comments, I am personally delighted that you were amazed by the beauty of Baros during your stay with us and I am thrilled to learn that we made such a memorable impression on you at your first visit to Maldives, Baros.

You’re absolutely right – it is our fabulous team that makes a huge difference from other place and for me, there is nothing better than receiving a wonderful review highlighting your Baros journey, and services you received by our professional teams, especially Franz, Chilli, Shaz, Zoey and Ramsey whom you recognized during your short vacation in Baros.

Baros is blessed with one of the most spectacular and hypnotic house reef. It is truly exotic to try snorkeling to witness our world-class natural beauty and stunning marine life. I am so glad you had a good snorkeling expereince with us.

Baros Maldives has a knack for knowing what couple or traveler want. We offer luxury service and homey feeling to our guests which make us become a perfect escape for the guest who seek warmth, privacy and comfortable stay. Baros is a little oasis itself with stunning sunset view from our restaurants and iconic Lighthouse Lounge.

Cannot wait to welcome you back on your next year birthday in Baros!

Ahmed Jihad- Jay