1,000 results
All reviews free wifi two bedroom suite taronga zoo bit dated comfortable stay buffet breakfast business district train station a harbour view room luna park public transport harbour bridge package roomy oval cafes
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Corridor noise was very annoying.
Family felt rather unsafe.

Bathrooms very very old.

Clean room.sheets very good.
Because of old rooms.....get that dusty dirty feel.

Parking is a shambles. Carpark size very very small.

Did not order any food and beverage.

No real investment in this hotel over last 12 months since we last stayed.

Disappointing......like most North Sydney Hotels.Duxton was premier North Sydney Hotel 5/10 years ago.

Great Rydges loyalty program.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Farhana J, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Good Evening,

I’m sorry to read you didn’t enjoy some aspects of your stay with us. We are updating the rooms gradually throughout the year.
Thank you for your constructive feedback and I hope to rectify your impression during your next visit to Rydges North Sydney

Reviewed 8 July 2016

We stayed in June 2016 for the Sydney Vivid Festival.

The hotel was clean and good for a family of 4 ( two children aged 5 & 6 ). We had a view of the harbour from the side which the kids loved to watch the boats. The bathroom was a bit tired however, we weren't staying for long

We left Vivid early due to the huge crowds and we returned to the Hotel Bar area for a few drinks with the kids who played their ipads with the free wifi.

We would stay there again. It still a little hike from the train station with smaller kids. I booked hotel on line through a site, and my friend booked the same one on the same night for $80 so it does pay to check all the usual booking sites for the best prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view if you can
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Good Evening,

Thanks for the great review! I’m so pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The crowds at this year’s vivid were record breaking so I hope you still got to see everything.

Thanks for staying with us, hope to see you again for next years Vivid.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

Recently stayed for two nights due to a work conference. Hotel is quite old but every effort has been made to modernise it & make it look fresh. Room was small but had everything you would need. Bed was a little soft & sheets were not fantastic quality but all clean so no complaints there. Shower was over bath & water pressure low. Bathroom very dated with chrome wearing off drains due to age. There was a Nespesso coffee machine which is a great touch. I decided to have some wine from the mini bar and found that the seal had already been broken & the wine watered down by a previous guest. I imagine this may be hard to check but you can usually tell if a metal seal has been opened. Staff were very helpful in arranging a replacement & apologised for the inconvenience. Not really their fault they have dodgey guests stay from time to time.
I did have lunch in their dining area, there was a great selection at the buffet and service was efficient.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Dear Katt,

Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are completing further upgrades in the hotel throughout the year which will enhance the overall appeal of guest rooms.
Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Had a one nights stay for a family day out
Room was spacious with 2 adults an 2 kids
Ordered room service
Cause the kids were to tired to go back out

I think the kids could have cooked it better!! Ordered a pizza apparently pre made absolutely the worse pizza we have ever had!!
Would definitely recommend to go down the road 200 metres an buy something else
Chef definitely needs to go back to TAFE!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Farhana J, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Rennigs,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am pleased you found the accommodation for yourself and family adequate. I will have to pass your comments regarding your meal to our restaurant manager to follow up, I do apologise.
I hope you enjoyed your stay overall with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Room, in particular bathroom was "tired" and needed update. Out vanity basin was cracked.
Entrance to motel was hard to find at night as lighting/signing was poor.
At checkin we weren't given free drink vouchers even though our Accor card was given, so didn't realise when we went to order and had to go back and ask.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue G

Dear Sue G,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise about the issue regarding your bathroom basin. Some rooms do require bathroom updates which we are in the process of completing throughout the year.

Unfortunately Rydges are not affiliated with Accor. Next time you stay with us, ask one of our friendly reception staff to join Priority Guest Rewards, it’s free to join and only takes a minute. You will then receive all the benefits instantly of being a member with us.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you back again.