All reviewssaint johnstayed herecontinental breakfasteggsoff the highwayfruitcomfortable bedstoastthe hotel staffexcellent staypastriesstaff was very friendlyfamily suitemarch breakpark and flyfree hot breakfastonly downside
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Luckily we had a reservation because even on a Tuesday they are busy. So busy it was not possible to extend our stay to a second night.
Very clean and comfortable.
Two young women on the desk and both very helpful and willing to find out any information they didn't know.
We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Janet J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you so much for letting us know how we did during your stay. We are so please that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed twice during August road trip, on way to and from PEI.

First time used accumulated points and were surprised and delighted when we were given the family suite, which was very large, comfortable, and quiet despite not-so-distant highway. Pool fine, breakfast fine, staff cheerful and helpful, quick on and off the highway and with gas station, grocery store, and a couple of restaurants close by so all our needs that evening and next morning before heading out were met.

Same time just as good, only in a regular room which was perfectly adequate for our family of four's needs.

Highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our suites and amenities. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Our experience here with two other family groups was disappointing.
1. Called hotel twice, last time on morning of arrival, to arrange for an early check-in so we could change and relax after a long drive before attending a wedding. There was no record of this when we arrived, we were told early check in wasn't offered when they were busy, and they took NO responsibility for honouring our request based on what we were promised. We were taken to a conference room and then had an hour and a half to kill before the wedding.
2. The room was clean looking on the surface but having numerous hairs in the bathroom and leaving a stained chair in the room was unpleasant for the guest and spoke to a lack of high standards.
3. Breakfast was fine as long as one wanted to load up on carbs, liquid egg mix scramble, and paper thin, undercooked bacon.
Quite a difference in quality from the Moncton location of this chain.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

At check in the agent was very unfriendly, she just handed me the keys and didn't tell me how to get to my room. After I prompted her she just rudly told me to go thru the main door. When asked where breakfast was she onnly told me the hours and I had no idea that there was pool there.

When I got to the room, I noticed that there was lots of scratches and paint was pealing on every piece of furniture in the room. I also noticed that the last guest had left a half used bottle of wine in the room. (how thoughtful of them).

When I checked out, the agent didn't even ask how my stay was or anything just handed me my receipt (which I was not supposed to get as I paid with my loyalty points). Didn't even get an invite back to the hotel.

Avoid this place at all costs, stay downtown Saint John and have better experience at the Chateau.

When trying to contact the hotel via my survey, I just got generic response from the General Manager.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Janet J, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Sir,

I have read your review and appreciate you took the time to do so. I have discussed with our property manager and know they went out of their way to get you in your room as early possibly (around noon). As for our service delivery we are always looking to improve where ever we can. I believe this is reflected with our recent Trip Advisor award for the greater Saint John area. However, in this case we did not deliver and meet your expectations for which we are truly sorry. We have discussed internally with our management team on what we can do to improve in the future. Again, sorry for any shortfalls and we wish you safe travels where ever they may be. If you wish to contact me directly please feel free to do so. John J. de Winter - President 506-432-5050.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stopped here on our way to Freeport. This hotel was great the rooms are big and clean. The beds were awsome, and pillows were as well. The breakfast was great. Hot and lots too choose from. I would stay here again for sure. Was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family