“Loved this hotel and restaurant”

Alpenhotel Ernberg - Zum Dorfwirt
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2015

I traveled for 3 weeks in Europe and this was one of the gems on the trip. The hotel owner was present and made sure we felt right at home, I felt like I was visiting a friends place. The room was cozy and had a great view with a balcony. I ate the restaurant two nights and both meals were superb. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the washrooms were private and well appointed. The hotel is walking distance to Reutte but feels like it's in the countryside. It was the perfect combination. I would recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone traveling in the area.

Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

Ours was a summer trip, I wouldn't vouch for what it's like in winter but i have to say this was a great place to stay.
The staff were very warm and welcoming. Felt almost like visiting your friends. Upon checkin we were invited to dinner which was a feast. Meals were very good and traditional to this part of Austria.
I highly recommend this hotel but i do want to point out that you need a car to get to it.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

I stayed here in august for 2 nights and really had some bad luck with the hotel. The room given to me did not have a balcony, thats ok except when the couple next to me, that did have a balcony could see me in my bed as I was reading. It was so hot and I asked for a fan, was told they don't provide fans. The room had a small window that when opened was accessible to the balcony next door. I was in full view as I tried to sleep in the heat or use the bathroom and shower. Had to shut the curtains for privacy and that also cut down on the air. No air-conditioning.
Dinner time, ordered a meal and after everyone else had been served theirs, the manager placed a meal in front of me that was not mine. I told him I had not ordered the meal and he said he knew, someone had left because they were ill and he was giving it to me. They paid for it before they left. They would not be able to make my ordered meal. HUH? I didn't eat it because I didn't care for the meal( a ball of dough with gravy). Instead I ordered a cup of soup and it was great and just enough. Bill came with the soup and the substitute dinner on it. Got that straightened out, after a bit of discussion and finally the guide told the manager the sub meal had already been paid for, then off to bed. As I said in my title, just a lot of bad luck.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

We arrived to Reutte somewhat late in the evening with two kids in tow, and were a bit nervous about finding a good place to eat where the kids would be welcome as well. We were so lucky to find this restaurant, not only did it have a lovely outdoor terrace in the back with views of the Alps, it had a small playground in the backyard where the kids could play while waiting for the food and while the adults enjoyed the ambiance! What a win for everyone. The food itself was also wonderful, and there were plenty of menu options for the kids as well. The service was helpful, prompt and welcoming. Can't say enough about this restaurant - it saved us from a potentially painful evening in Reutte trying to find something that could accommodate everyone!

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

My family and I stayed here during a summer vacation in Germany/Austria. The manager (owner) was really nice and cordial. We arrived about 8:00 pm one evening after sight seeing all day. We hadn't eaten dinner yet and the manager suggested we have dinner in the restaurant as the kitchen closes at 8:30 pm. We had a very nice dinner on the patio. The restaurant offered a number of great desserts. After a nice dinner we found the accommodations to be nice. Free breakfast the next morning and wifi all a nice plus. Clean, nice hotel.