“A little gem.”

The Case Restaurant with Rooms
Ranked #1 of 15 Sudbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a lovely place to stay. We booked the upgraded room which had it own private patio with great views over the garden and fields beyond. The case is on a main road but the rooms are out the back so you get a great nights sleep bed very comfortable room clean good size bathroom. When you arrive you get a wonderful welcome from Linda and she continues to be very helpful and friendly throughout your stay. Such a kind lady. Now for the food Linda's husband Barry is the chief and every meal we ate from breakfast to evening meal was superb. There is also a deli which you can buy some wonderful goodies. We will return.

Room Tip: All rooms are good some smaller than others but all ground floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Case Restaurant with Rooms

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We were made to feel very welcome by Linda when we arrived. Our room was clean and at the back so did not hear traffic and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed three nights and eat in the restaurant every night and were very well looked after by Linda. The food, breakfast and dinner, cooked by Linda's husband was excellent.
Would like to visit again. Thank you Linda and Barry.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My husband searched gluten free restaurants in Sudbury and The Case was listed. We checked the menu and it looked good for me (being a Coeliac). We visited today from Ipswich. I asked the waitress if she could find out if the Ploughmans could be done gf (the website menu indicated it could be). Service was slow. The, I believe, owner came out and said "it's only the bread you can't have and we have gf bread". I questioned the pickles - she advised I could eat them. Thankfully, I didn't leave it there and asked if they were in malt vinegar .... she confirmed they were. I told her they can't be eaten by Coeliacs. She openly admitted she didn't know that. I then became concerned as she sat next to me and SHE asked ME what I could eat. Don't get me wrong, she was a lovely lady, the place was beautiful as were the surroundings but I did eat my lunch just praying everything was going to be ok. I would imagine the chef knows his stuff but unfortunately she made me nervous about the food. Three hours later and I'm fine so it was indeed all perfect and it was delicious and well presented. Just a shame I didn't feel more at ease with the whole experience. If someone newly diagnosed went or someone less persistent it could have been a whole different ball game.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely surroundings, staff and fantastic breakfast.
Felt very welcome.
The room was well equipped and the wifi signal is great.
Very easy to get to other surrounding villages.
Would definetly visit here again in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

As a traveling businessman and having booked into a nearby hotel with disappointing results, I needed to find alternative accommodation quickly. I stumbled across The Case and hoped for the best! I wasn't disappointed, a warm welcome from Linda and quickly shown to my room with no fuss. The room was lovely, exceptionally clean and comfortable and the bonus of a lovely welcome pack awaited. The rooms are located at the back of the property, so whilst the main restaurant is on quite a busy road, this did not affect my stay or sleep. I dined in the restaurant and received excellent service and more to the point, fabulous food! Do not hesitate to stay here, I am already booked in for consecutive weeks. Linda and Barry have thought about all the small things that make staying away in the week a pleasure rather than a chore for the regular traveller. Very impressed...as you can tell!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sudbury
6.3 km away
4.4 km away
The Old Rectory Country House
The Old Rectory Country House
#1 of 1 in Great Waldingfield

Been to The Case Restaurant with Rooms? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK