• Pool
All reviewsmusic roomlocal pubriver cottagetuckers armssized bedwarm croissantsexcellent bed and breakfastlyme regisfresh fruithope to visit againcomfortable bedssaturday eveningpowerful showerone nightshort walkeast devonwarm welcome
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Myself and my mother visited these lodges which are described as being very lovely however you're actually staying in the house with the people who own it... so not very private.

We received an email when booking to confirm that payment was made upon departure and we fully intended to do so. I visited breakfast which was very basic, tiny portions and toast so hard it could break teeth. Anyway, I digress.... when at breakfast another family were filling out a form which was left on the table. I assumed this was a review form so I took this to fill out in the bedroom. After filling this out I left it on the table in our room and we came back about mid day and it had disappeared. We then went out around 6pm for a meal and returned at 10pm to find we had been locked out of the room in the freezing cold with no explanation. I rang the owners on the numbers provided 7 times with no answer even though I could hear the phone ringing from outside of our room that's how close we were to their room. I emailed and received no reply, I then rang several more times and still nothing. They have since tried to claim the lock is faulty to which I disagree as I had opened and closed the door several times with no issues. I spent over 30 minutes and have video evidence of myself trying to open the door with the key but to no avail as it had been locked using a landlords key.
They are outright liars and try to change their story at every turn.

I was extremely concerned as I had over £2000 worth of laptop equipment in the room which had clearly been locked and I was furious they had done this as my mother is very unwell which clearly shows their lack of sympathy.

Overall this lodge wasn't very well cleaned as there was dust all over the room. The beds were just thrown in the room and packed into whatever tiny little space they could find. The shower was cold and the wifi didn't work at all.

The owners were arrogant, rude and extremely condescending. From the moment we arrived they were unhelpful and gave the impression they were better than everybody. No information was given. Simply thrown a key and told "there's your room". Parking is atrocious and the roads to get to this place are diabolical. I seriously think the owners need a reality check and the amount they charge is absurd.

Stay well away from this place unless you want a holiday from hell.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Firstly, axminster is beautiful. We went down soley to visit the river cottage which is amazing. The food is incredible and i would definately return!

Sadly the b&b was a let down.

We booked to stay for the fri and sat night, the room was nice no issues there, but after going out for the evening we returned to see that someone had been in our room.. also when we returned, we were unable to get into the room.. my son had to literally climb in the window to get our posessions which thankfully we had left slightly ajar! We ended up having to leave at 3oclock in the morning after trying to get in the room for a couple of hours. Baring in mind the drive home was 5 hours long!

we travelled such a distance for what we thought would be a beautiful weekend break and sadly the b&b tarnished it for us. As a result we will not be returning to this B&B.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I agree with all the reviews, nothing to fault this place at all. We were very lucky to get in for a two night stay at short notice. Great, quiet, location in the pretty village of Dalwood, Must return to try the Tuckers Arms. Remote yet close to the Jurassic coast, beaches, walks, pubs, and much more. Friendly owners, delicious breakfast, comfortable beds, will come back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

My son and I stayed at Summer Lodge for 3 nights while attending a course at River Cottage HQ. Tim and his wife were lovely, the bedroom most comfortable, and the breakfast wonderful. Thank you mutely!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We were down in Devon for a wedding and stayed in The Linney at Summer Lodge for one night only, unfortunately for us because it simply could not have been better. Tim was excellent...very friendly and helpful. The Linney room was out on the beautifully manicured garden, the room was clean, the shower was powerful, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was amazing. Thanks Tim.

Plus the local area is great. The Tuckers Arms pub in Dalwood was nice (and ridiculously old) and Lyme Regis is a 20 minute drive and stunning.

Enjoy!