All reviews music room local pub river cottage tuckers arms sized bed warm croissants lyme regis excellent bed and breakfast fresh fruit comfortable beds saturday evening powerful shower one night short walk spring fair east devon jurassic coast
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Firstly, axminster is beautiful. We went down soley to visit the river cottage which is amazing. The food is incredible and i would definately return!

Sadly the b&b was a let down.

We booked to stay for the fri and sat night, the room was nice no issues there, but after going out for the evening we returned to see that someone had been in our room.. also when we returned, we were unable to get into the room.. my son had to literally climb in the window to get our posessions which thankfully we had left slightly ajar! We ended up having to leave at 3oclock in the morning after trying to get in the room for a couple of hours. Baring in mind the drive home was 5 hours long!

we travelled such a distance for what we thought would be a beautiful weekend break and sadly the b&b tarnished it for us. As a result we will not be returning to this B&B.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I agree with all the reviews, nothing to fault this place at all. We were very lucky to get in for a two night stay at short notice. Great, quiet, location in the pretty village of Dalwood, Must return to try the Tuckers Arms. Remote yet close to the Jurassic coast, beaches, walks, pubs, and much more. Friendly owners, delicious breakfast, comfortable beds, will come back.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

My son and I stayed at Summer Lodge for 3 nights while attending a course at River Cottage HQ. Tim and his wife were lovely, the bedroom most comfortable, and the breakfast wonderful. Thank you mutely!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We were down in Devon for a wedding and stayed in The Linney at Summer Lodge for one night only, unfortunately for us because it simply could not have been better. Tim was excellent...very friendly and helpful. The Linney room was out on the beautifully manicured garden, the room was clean, the shower was powerful, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was amazing. Thanks Tim.

Plus the local area is great. The Tuckers Arms pub in Dalwood was nice (and ridiculously old) and Lyme Regis is a 20 minute drive and stunning.

Enjoy!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This was our second stay at Summer Lodge. The first time my sister and I stayed to attend a course at River Cottage HQ and we enjoyed it so much we decided to return with our families for the late May bank holiday and the River Cottage Spring Fair. My husband and I stayed in the the Linney in the garden and my sister, her husband and two children (5 & 8) stayed in the Piano Room, which has more than enough space to accommodate them all comfortably.

Tim and Adrienne are very welcoming and my nephew and niece made full use of the grounds and tennis court, with all of us having a picnic in the garden on the Saturday evening.
During our first stay my sister and I arrived late and Adrienne kindly made us the most delicious carbonara as the local pub The Tuckers Arms was closed after a hectic Mothers Day lunch. This time, it was open and all of us headed down to the pub, a short walk across the fields, and enjoyed a wonderful Sunday roast.

Finally, Tim's breakfasts were loved by all of us, fresh fruit, yoghurt plus locally sourced ingredients for his full 'English', we can particularly recommend the poached eggs!

My sister and I intend to return next year, as Summer Lodge is the perfect base to visit River Cottage and the beautiful surrounding Devonshire countryside.

Date of stay: May 2017