We have stayed at Swinton Park 3 times now, most recently this April. From the moment you arrive you know this hotel is very special. The staff are efficient and helpful but always relaxed and friendly, and the restaurant staff are very well trained and knowledgeable. The building itself is simply beautiful, with so many fascinating architectural features. We have stayed in three different rooms (Bradford, Fountains Abbey and Burton Agnes) and all were excellent, each with its own individual character. We particularly liked Bradford and Burton Agnes, which are corner rooms with lovely views over the grounds and the river. Everything is provided for, from Molton Brown toiletries in the beatiful bathrooms to a small decanter of gin and whisky. (A gin and tonic whilst soaking in the bath is a wonderful way to start your evening here). The little jacuzzi-spa can be pre-booked for your private use for an hour, at no extra cost and we found this a lovely way to unwind after our journey or a day out. Spa treatments are also very good and even my husband thoroughly enjoyed his hot and cold stone massage. The restaurant is, for us, a major part of any stay at Swinton Park. The food is an absolute delight and the staff cannot be faulted. From pre-dinner drinks in the drawing room, the meal itself and coffee and petit-fours back in the drawing room, it is a wonderful experience. Of course a hotel like this does not come cheap, but there are often special offers which can make a stay very good value indeed. We shall be back next time we have something to celebrate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury castle hotel set in 200 acres of landscaped parkland in the Yorkshire Dales that is the home of the Cunliffe-Lister family and the ancestral seat of the Earl of Swinton. Traditional warmth and hospitality, contemporary comforts and award winning cuisine, with a menu inspired by the produce sourced from the surrounding estate and 4 acre walled garden. Cookery School with day and residential courses running throughout the year. Exclusive use Spa (with Jacuzzi and sauna) and treatment rooms. Conference facilities and licensed for civil ceremonies. Families welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Swinton Park Country Club and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swinton Park Hotel Masham
- Swinton Park Masham
- Hotel Swinton Park
- Swinton Park Country Club And Spa Ripon, North Yorkshire