“Perfect for a short stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Peter D
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a short stay”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Two of us have just had the perfect, short summer break visiting the Peak District – and this apartment was ideal. Based on the first floor, it has been recently renovated and fitted out to a good standard – and has everything you need for a short break. The kitchen is modern, and equipped with the pots, pans, plates, glasses and utensils you need for a short stay. The bathroom is compact, has a heated towel rail and a powerful, hot shower. The bedroom is off to the side of the open plan area, separated by the shelving unit shown in the pictures; absolutely fine for the two of us, but do be aware if taking a larger party and intending to use the sofa as a bed that privacy will be limited. There is more hanging and cupboard space than I can imagine anyone needing for even a two week break. The apartment is located close to the centre of Matlock town at the bottom of the hill, and is on the rear side of the building (so away from traffic and street noise); be aware that the walk up the hill to the best pubs in town is a little taxing (but the walk home afterwards is, of course, nice and easy). Parking close to the apartment is limited, but at the start of August we didn’t have any problems parking within a few steps of the front door when we arrived and every day when we came back from our walks and visits around the Peaks. Overall: great value and perfect for our four day stay in this lovely part of England.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
11 Aug 2015
Thanks very much for your review, I always appreciate feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the Peak district.
Kind Regards
BecksAsIn...
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely little gem of a flat”
Reviewed 27 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Travelled as a single mum with my 20 month old daughter and was a huge relief to be able to book this flat. It's spotless, modern, light and well thought out. It's location is perfect; right in the centre of town. That said there is no road noise. We slept wonderfully.

The only way this flat could of been better would have been wifi access as I like to look up what to do the next day whilst my daughter is in bed. That said, it's a tiny drawback and didn't effect our stay in anyway.

P.s. There is a lovely cafe in the courtyard below so we would have our tea there and have a look using their free wifi. Any excuse for cake " )

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
28 Jul 2015
Thanks very much for your review, I really appreciate your feedback. WIFI is on our list to do, however it's also nice that you have supported the local business.
Kind Regards
benrule
“Worth every penny...”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

If you're intending on staying in Matlock but you're a little dissuaded by the idea of B&B's, this contemporary apartment would be ideal for a solo traveler or couple who are looking for a clean, reasonably priced self-catering option that is perfectly situated to explore Matlock, it's surrounding areas and other parts of Derbyshire.

Firstly, the location - the apartment located just off the town centre, literally a stone's throw from Matlock train station - so they'll be no heavy lugging of rucksacks or suitcases for miles as it's just a short 30 second walk from platform to the front door of the apartment.

Additionally,the apartment is just off the main town square so should you wish to find something to eat, drink or entertain yourself, another thirty seconds walk in another direction takes you right into the heart of Matlock and it's numerous shops, varied eateries, pubs and bars.

If you don't mind walking, then the cable cars and the Tor mountainside in Matlock Bath isn't too far away either, around twenty minutes or so on foot at a decent pace. That said, if you've got your own transport it would be around 2-3 minutes though there is always the option of a regular bus service that runs past the apartment - once again, the accommodation proving to be ideally placed.

The apartment itself is contemporary, spacious and has all the necessary items to self-cater - perfect for a solo traveler or couple. It has a long, comfortable sofa facing the TV which is perfect to unwind on, a modern kitchen and a sizeable, clean bathroom with a powerful corner shower.

The bedroom is adjoined to the living area though is partitioned off as a separate area and is once again, contemporary and tastefully decorated with comfortable double bed and pillows. Additionally, there is plenty of wardrobe space and inside that, seemingly as a bonus there was a fistful of hangers, an iron and hair dryer so you don't have to bring your own!

Personally, I traveled alone and whilst I did make my own meals on a couple of occasions, I found the temptations of all the great cuisines available in the town too hard to resist - but that's just me.

Being an absolute technophile, I missed the fact that I wasn't able to access any WiFi whilst I stayed here but that's a small, insignificant and personal thing of mine, a nonenity, even - being a city boy I sometimes do find it hard to go a day without spending at least an hour needlessly frittering away the day on the internet... something, which, I'd imagine most people who go to the Derbyshire Dales have no intention of doing anyway :-)

Securing the apartment was easy; within minutes of registering my interest, Karen, the owner, had contacted me and advised me of everything I needed to know regarding the rental and was in contact during my stay if I required anything else or any further assistance. :-)

With all those considerably good points in mind, yes - I would happily recommend this rental to anyone considering a holiday or break in Matlock or the surrounding areas.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location - brilliant!
Liked least: No WiFi - but really, that's a small, small issue. A nonentity, even
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
17 Jul 2015
Thanks very much Ben. Really appreciate your review and it gives me the opportunity, to ensure I can meet guests expectations when they stay. Kind Regards
Karen
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing