I booked the penthouse room at Bagshaw hall for a special birthday weekend for my partner and overall we were really please.
- The location is very central in Bakewell (within a short walk to the Bakewell pudding shops) and close to other regional attractions (we visited Chatsworth House) and the views were breathtaking from our room.
- The decoration / interior design is really contemporary and the facilities are excellent.
- Despite there not being a traditional reception, we called the number on the door and were met by a lovely lady who was really helpful with advice/recommendations (and offered discounts) for local restaurants, deli's and places to go.
- The penthouse room was perfect for a really nice romantic weekend (bath in the bedroom, massive bed, luxury bathroom, nice self catering facilities and generally really good quality furniture)
Attention to detail!
- Cleaning = To clarify, the place was not dirty by any means, it just lacked the attention to detail we would expect from such a luxury venue: We had a bath within our actual bedroom which was really nice, but when we arrived there were hairs in the bottom which momentarily killed a bit of the romance. Also, the grout around the tiles in the shower was grimy from soap scum (the orangey coloured marks) and there was a half empty bottle left in there from the previous guest, which suggested it hasn't been checked and wasn't cleaned thoroughly on a regular basis.
- Complimentary products = As I mentioned earlier, the venue facilities, furniture and decoration is lovely and really high end, which is why we chose the penthouse to have the best experience possible, but for it to be perfect I would expect some better products for example: tea bags (the tea provided was Typhoo which is at best a very average quality tea and I would have expected Twinings throughout) the milk was not fresh and was in sachets (despite there being a fridge) and the bathroom products were pretty average. There is nothing really wrong with what was provided (apart from the tea, but that's my own specific opinion), but we just didn't think they matched the quality of the room and let it down.
- General attention to detail = There is a flat screen TV on the wall which you can move so you can watch it in the bath or in bed, but the cable tidy had been broken off (and was on the floor behind the TV) and the cables were just flapping all over the place which I think just let the room down a little. Also, one of the bulbs in the bathroom for the mirror light has gone which, when added to my other comments gave me the impression the room wasn't fully checked.
Just to confirm, I would certainly stay in this hotel again and specifically in the penthouse room. If however the attention to detail was improved in terms of cleaning and general standards, I would have no problem rating this property as 5 stars.
I wouldn't normally be as critical for somewhere as good as Bagshaw Hall, but I found it a little frustrating because with a few improvements it could be excellent property. I hope my constructive critisism is read in the manner it was written and is useful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Bakewell Holiday Apartments, from Bagshaw Hall in a convenient location in Bakewell, we are able to offer a choice of luxury boutique style suites and apartments for both the leisure and business traveller, providing flexibility that a traditional hotel, or bed & breakfast accommodation do not offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bagshaw Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagshaw Hall Bakewell, Peak District National Park
- Bagshaw Hall Hotel Bakewell