“Bloody arwsome”

Ashoka
Ranked #103 of 345 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Bloody arwsome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

I live in walton, for currys I always go to my local area chattworth, so me and my friend decided to go for a drink in town, after that we fanced a curry so my mate recomend me to go ashoka which I never heard about so I thougt lets give it a try but I was pretty drunk dont no what to order so one of the waiter recomend me a dish called jinga linga which I cant pernonce and my mate had dish with chease on top mannnnnn the food was awsome

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“The best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

I love Asoka! In my opinion they serve the best Indian Cuisine in Chesterfield. The food is fresh and tasty The staff are genuinely friendly and welcoming to customers new and old.
The decor is subtle and stylish and I love how they have restored the front inline with the Tudor look of the building.

• Visited October 2011
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Gorgous food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Service and food was fantastic! Nothing was too much trouble, would deffinatly recomend!

Visited October 2011
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“probably the worst indian takeaway in Chesterfield”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

We ordered from this restaurant as a change to our normal indian takeaway as we fancied a bit of a change.

Firstly its best to note that the menu sounds a lot nicer then what is actually produced.

We chose from the chefs and house special menu thinking that due to the title it would be just that 'special' ie: More creative and more exclusive to the establishment, how wrong we were.

It all started when we ordered online and paid by card, minutes later we had a call to ask if we had paid and then were asked for the price of the curry by one of the staff who didnt seem to know how much everything cost. Simple mistake to make no big problem.

20 mins later the curry arrived.

To say the naan breads were over cooked is the understatement of the century, cardboard is easier to eat that that. The 'special' rice can only be described as a foil tray of left over rices from the restaurant and the 2 curries we ordered from seperate sections of the menu were pretty much identicle except one was lamb the was similar to shoe leather and one was chicken. More greasy than a block of fat and No real taste.

Our chicken chaat didnt even arrive and was mistaken for plain rice so had to call back to get it re-delivered which took another 25 mins instead of the 10 they promised by which time we had finished this incredible meal, and then when it did arrive was a tasteless mush of chicken, korma sauce and bread, wrapped up like a babys dirty nappy.

On the plus side we did get free poppadoms, Cucumber and Yoghurt dip and some bags of onion and miscallanious waste, that is probably supposed to be a dessert or something to remove the taste of the 'special rice'.

I wouldnt feed this food to a tramp and am so dissapointed with the standard of what I bought. Even a drunken pig would turn their nose up at this food, Avoid like a fat girl at a disco.

New Eastern do far better food for a similar price and also offer a delivery.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank danlaycock
england
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

We have used Asoka on numerous occasions for both take away and dine in. We have never been disappointed. The service is attentive and cheerful. Food quality is bar far the best Indian we have had in the area. The estimated delivery time for take away delivery has been accurate. The prices compare favourably with other similar restaurants and the service is better.Give it a go. You wont be let down.

• Visited July 2011