All reviews buy home biscuits comfortable room hives garden cereal
Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is an incredible home and the owner was welcoming and hospitable. The breakfast room was so beautiful, with photos, artworks and furnishings which made us feel as though Mr Darcy might arrive at any moment to sweep us off our feet. The room in the attic was very comfortable but a little cold over night (but it was a very cold night) - my sister thought wished she had a maid's cap to sleep in! But the morning brought the promise of a breakfast which was home-made in a big way - the yoghurt, the fruit compote, the preserves, the honey all home made with the fruits from the extensive garden and the honey from the resident bees. Wonderful in all - what a treat to have been welcomed into such a beautiful house. I would love to visit again. Thank you

Room Tip: I only saw the attic room which has an exclusive bathroom down a small staircase. The double rooms are en suite
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank greylady16
Reviewed 2 December 2016

This was our second stay at Lynchetts, a lovely B&B in a great location in Bradford-on-Avon just a 12 minute train ride away from Bath.

The house is grand and full of character and the rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. We were greeted with tea and homemade biscuits and made to feel very welcome. Breakfast was also delicious with homemade and locally sourced produce.

We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016

After a long and difficult day of traveling from York, Lynchetts was the perfect place to end one day and start the next. A warm welcome that lasted throughout our comfortable stay.Excellent breakfast. A comfortable room in keeping with the interesting historic building and grounds. We'll definitely be coming back !

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Warm welcome for our stay in this building of historic interest.
For watchmakers - the Harrison chronometers were taken here during WW2 for safe keeping/ repairs.

Comfortable bed and breakfast choice of cereals and lovely cooked breakfast.
We were in a double room
this will be our first choice when next in Bradford On Avon

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2016

The actual location and house itself is lovely. What we found less than charming was the owner of the guest house who from the start of our stay was curt and rude.
We were not made to feel welcome and were treated like an inconvenience for most of our stay. Her attitude was dismissive and condescending.
The breakfast was good but again served in an overly brisk way as if our presence was a huge irritation.
When I wanted to pay, I had forgotten that she required cash as she did not have a cash machine. I was again spoken to as if I were a nuisance when I suggested I go and get cash from the town.
At this point I made it very clear what I felt about our stay and her hospitality. I do not expect to return. This was not a good example of British hospitality for my German friend who was with me for a week.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
8  Thank Sylvia K
glenys l, Owner at Lynchetts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

I imagine that from time to time every B&B owner experiences a seriously unhinged guest! This time it was our turn. Sylvia K obviously has a number of serious issues. Our daughter, who is also in the accommodation business, was treated , quite by chance, to a “rant” from Sylvia K as she came into our house that morning with our two grandsons. According to Sylvia K the hostess, i.e. our daughter’s mother, was a “snobby cow”. Our daughter commented to us that she would be extremely concerned at the prospect of someone so obviously disturbed as Sylvia K staying in the house. One of the serious issues for Sylvia K seems to be that our daughters went to Oxford – she gathered this from a family photograph on the wall- and that we “probably voted Conservative”! Fortunately we rarely have such bizarre guests as Sylvia. I note that Sylvia “does not expect to return”, just to make things clear – I cannot imagine any circumstances in which I would allow this seriously disturbed person back into my home.