All reviews kite surfing crab farm laid back unique experience an absolute lovely beach mosquito net clams massage hut kitesurf isabella wind instructor banda paradise accommodation kenya
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We recently went for my husbands 50th - the staff were excellent - accommodating and friendly and the setting could not be better! Love the atmosphere and the beach and sea are fantastic. It is quite easy to access, we were in a little old Toyota Corolla and made it easily.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We were staying with friends along the beach from Che Shale. The temperature most days was in the region of 88 degs. So we just HAD to walk/swim along to Che Shale for an ice cold Tusker! Sitting in the shade on huge piece of tree trunk turned into a long seat with a back and big squashy cushions, the sea breeze blows in just enough to cool you down while you gaze out at the beautiful Indian ocean and enjoy the beer! The food is exceptionally good and very reasonable. For a snack, we had meat samosas, fish goujons or Swahili selection of starters. All delicious and the portions were plentiful. For dinner, there was a varied choice and everything at Che Shale is cooked from scratch and well presented. I treated myself to a Mojito every time I went there! The best I've had! For a really chilled experience for lunch , dinner or just a drink, this place was an Oasis on the massive Malindi beach.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Holly1952
Reviewed 4 December 2017

So laid back, so peaceful. Perfect beach paradise with a warm breeze and an Ocean which never falls below 25 degrees. Stunning food in classic Swahili surroundings and just the best staff. Dhow trips, fishing, kite surfing and more.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2017

This is my second time to Che Shale, a year later, and once again we were so grateful to have found it. Che Shale is an absolute gem of a find and I struggle to see how it has remained such a fantastic secret. It is a haven for relaxation and calm serenity. The staff are the best I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in all of Kenya, maybe even East Africa. They clearly enjoy working there and that comes at no surprise. Justin & Isabelle, who run the pearly gates, are charming. The bandas and atmosphere warm, inviting & cosey. The food was delicious. Best crab I've ever had - the only place that compares was Che Shale circa 2016. I cannot recommend this place more if you are looking for a relaxing indulgent retreat from the maddening crowd. Looking forward to round III !

Room tip: Pay the extra for the Deluxe Bandas. They are stunning.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Paradise. Best place to go for relaxing. Pocket is sweet dog. All the staff is very kind. Have to go there.
High recommend
Very peaceful place. It’s not a luxury place but has all it’s necessary. Food is good

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple