All reviewssafari parkbed was comfortablelocal pubfull englishon arrivalyogurtstourheadtelevisionhostshairdryer
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The cottage is beautiful, cozy and very clean. Irene and John are very welcoming and kind. They offered us hot drinks and cake on arrival which was lovely. Later in the evening when we got stranded at a local pub they picked us up, drove us to a restaurant and later that night they insisted on picking us up - they had called to check how we were getting back to the cottage and were worried to hear we were walking on the dual carriageway to get back. Local taxis don't take you on short trips.
The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. We got tickets to Longleat safari park at reduced price via Irene. We had a lovely time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara T
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Me and my girlfriend visited Wiltshire as a weekend away in order to visit Longleat Safari Park, staying in the B&B on Saturday the 6th of May.

We got to the cottage early in the morning on the Saturday as we had purchased discounted tickets to the park through the B&B and needed to go and pick them up. We got there at about 9:30 am and they allowed us to chose which room we wanted for that night which was very good as one suited us far better than the other. Unfortunately, the tickets hadn't arrived, however Irene was very helpful and got in her car and drove ahead of us to the park, where she spoke to the attendant and got us entry. No huge delay to the day which was good and for the price we paid I cannot complain.

In the evening we got back to the cottage about 6:30 after checking out a local pub and trying to find somewhere to have dinner. Both John and Irene we very helpful in advising us good places to eat and even offered to drive us down to a restaurant if we wanted to go to one a bit further away, to avoid either my girlfriend or I driving.

The door stays unlocked which is good as it meant we only had to worry about trying not to lose the one key as opposed to two. In the morning we had breakfast at 9am which is the latest they like to do it. The spread they put out was fantastic with a choice of cereals, yogurts, fruit and fresh orange juice. They were also always on hand to top up the tea pot or cafetiere. The full english consisted of one sausage, two rashers of bacon, two halves of tomatoes, a fried egg and two small mushrooms with the option of baked beans and toast. For me personally but not so much my girlfriend, I wouldve like the option of being able to chose the quanitty of items on my plate. For example I wouldve preferred two sausage and we both wouldve enjoyed more mushrroms and baked beans and perhaps a pastry or two. On the whole, a good breakfast which left us both satisfied.

The room itself was ok. The television was too small to be able to see from the bed very well and the signal kept dropping in and out. There were no plugs next to the bedside table to charge phones which was a pain but there was plenty of sockets over the otherside of the room. The bed was comfy and clean however my girlfriend complained to me that she was cold at one point. The interior itself was dated but not dirty and the bathroom and clean, with hot water and nice toiletries. They even leant us the use of two champagne glasses which was nice of them.

On the whole the stay was very nice, the hosts were fantastically friendly and love to chat, and the service was good. The building is full of character and decoration and there are plenty pf low beams so watch your head! I think we will be visiting again and would love to spend more than one night there next time!

Thank you Irene & John!

Room Tip: The room with the four poster bed has a very large bathroom en-suite.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2016

We stayed with Irene and John when we visiting relatives in the area.They were the perfect host,s and the appartment and food were to die for,we have never been looked so well.
Thank you both so much.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 606barryt
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Handy for Stourhead . Just off A303 but quiet cottage with parking and a 15 minute walk to village pub with unpretentious good food.
The place is dated with old style TVs and showers but so what it all works. The place was warm as was the welcome on a cold night with tea and cake on arrival.
It's an old fashioned B&B and lovely with it.
Great cooked breakfast included potatoes showing the Irish roots.
Would stay again if anywhere close.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OlePompey
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I can't praise the owners enough for a lovely stay. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, they got us discount Longleat tickets. I'd definitely stay here again if we ever return to the area.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple