“A warm welcome awaits you”
Review of Cornerways Cottage

Cornerways Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Cornerways Cottage
Ranked #16 of 24 Warminster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I was visiting family who were staying at Longleat Centre Parcs so was looking for a place nearby. Although over the Bank Holiday, Irene and John were happy to accommodate me for the Saturday night in their twin bed room on a single occupancy. There was no en-suite, but a well appointed and spotless bathroom (full bath, separate shower, toilet, bidet and sink) with exclusive use to my room, just down the hall, so fine for me. The room was clean and well kitted out - with a small sink, small TV, tea making facilities, hairdryer, bathrobes, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was a spread, with fresh fruits, yoghurts, cereals etc all to help yourself to, and a selection of options to follow - full English, porridge, eggs on toast, croissants, tea, coffee etc i.e. the works. Irene and John themselves were a delight - providing directions of the short cut through the back roads to avoid the traffic to find Centre parcs, and then the following day, when I decided on an impromptu visit to Stourhead National Trust property. They were interested in my stay with them and happy to chat and help. The only thing to be aware of is that mobile phone coverage is not great in the area, (my provider is 3) however that didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The cottage is beautiful, cozy and very clean. Irene and John are very welcoming and kind. They offered us hot drinks and cake on arrival which was lovely. Later in the evening when we got stranded at a local pub they picked us up, drove us to a restaurant and later that night they insisted on picking us up - they had called to check how we were getting back to the cottage and were worried to hear we were walking on the dual carriageway to get back. Local taxis don't take you on short trips.
The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. We got tickets to Longleat safari park at reduced price via Irene. We had a lovely time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara T
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Me and my girlfriend visited Wiltshire as a weekend away in order to visit Longleat Safari Park, staying in the B&B on Saturday the 6th of May.

We got to the cottage early in the morning on the Saturday as we had purchased discounted tickets to the park through the B&B and needed to go and pick them up. We got there at about 9:30 am and they allowed us to chose which room we wanted for that night which was very good as one suited us far better than the other. Unfortunately, the tickets hadn't arrived, however Irene was very helpful and got in her car and drove ahead of us to the park, where she spoke to the attendant and got us entry. No huge delay to the day which was good and for the price we paid I cannot complain.

In the evening we got back to the cottage about 6:30 after checking out a local pub and trying to find somewhere to have dinner. Both John and Irene we very helpful in advising us good places to eat and even offered to drive us down to a restaurant if we wanted to go to one a bit further away, to avoid either my girlfriend or I driving.

The door stays unlocked which is good as it meant we only had to worry about trying not to lose the one key as opposed to two. In the morning we had breakfast at 9am which is the latest they like to do it. The spread they put out was fantastic with a choice of cereals, yogurts, fruit and fresh orange juice. They were also always on hand to top up the tea pot or cafetiere. The full english consisted of one sausage, two rashers of bacon, two halves of tomatoes, a fried egg and two small mushrooms with the option of baked beans and toast. For me personally but not so much my girlfriend, I wouldve like the option of being able to chose the quanitty of items on my plate. For example I wouldve preferred two sausage and we both wouldve enjoyed more mushrroms and baked beans and perhaps a pastry or two. On the whole, a good breakfast which left us both satisfied.

The room itself was ok. The television was too small to be able to see from the bed very well and the signal kept dropping in and out. There were no plugs next to the bedside table to charge phones which was a pain but there was plenty of sockets over the otherside of the room. The bed was comfy and clean however my girlfriend complained to me that she was cold at one point. The interior itself was dated but not dirty and the bathroom and clean, with hot water and nice toiletries. They even leant us the use of two champagne glasses which was nice of them.

On the whole the stay was very nice, the hosts were fantastically friendly and love to chat, and the service was good. The building is full of character and decoration and there are plenty pf low beams so watch your head! I think we will be visiting again and would love to spend more than one night there next time!

Thank you Irene & John!

Room Tip: The room with the four poster bed has a very large bathroom en-suite.