“Great soup”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I called in to The Yellow Door for a snack lunch. We were tempted by the soup-and-sandwich offer. Our soups were delicious and the sandwiches were well filled and very tasty.

The soups were served with a selection of breads, but our server could not tell us what each of the breads was.
As I have a cheese allergy, I couldn't take any of the bread - just in case it contained cheese. As it turned out, two pieces of the bread did in fact contain cheese.

Otherwise, a very good lunch and we would certainly visit again.

1  Thank AnnieMG

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The yellow door has been our favourite coffee shop for years, but today, we went for breakfast and were disappointed. Our scrambled eggs and toast were as good as ever, however, there was 1 small mushroom om the plate, normally there is a good helping of it. Prices are going up as well. Prices are going up, standards are going down.

1  Thank _fran_foster2014
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

In a torrential rainstorm I whizzed round to the Yellow Door seeking shelter and a hot drink.
To my dismay when I arrived gratefully at the door in a downpour my pleasure turned to disbelief on realising there was a step to negotiate.nd a member of staff informed me that there was no ramp to enable me to access the building.

The Disability Discrimination Act (1992) created a legal standard a long time ago and it is disgraceful that this establishment apparantly considers itself above the law.
Disgusted
Moira Heap(wheelchair user)

2  Thank magnificentmoira2
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Well what can I say. This used to be one of our family favourites but in recent times it has went severely down hill. I cannot for the lfe of me understand why they even have a menu these days because what you get certainly isn't what's on the menu!! We had to send the food back last time because of this very reason and when it was returned it still wasn't what we'd ordered. With so many really good places opening nearby recently you'd think the Yellow Door would up their game rather than just giving in and letting the place go.

3  Thank 78JAL
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Visited on Saturday afternoon and received very good service even though approaching closing time. We had dessert and coffee which was fresh, well presented and very enjoyable. Would recommend a visit to sample the range of cakes and desserts on offer.

1  Thank AnsonG1