All reviews steak beautiful hotel for sunday lunch downstairs bar a great evening dining room gin bar enjoyed their meals a lovely relaxed atmosphere in a heart beat couldn t julie ann evening meal and breakfast well worth a visit group of friends food is excellent mature trees
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Have stayed twice now, both times had a very enjoyable stay. Friendly attentive staff, beautiful food. Lovely pub to enjoy a few drinks in the evening. Stunning surroundings to enjoy a stroll. Love it

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela026pink
Julie-Ann S, Guest Relations Manager at Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Angela026pink,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am so pleased we could welcome you to our hotel and that we made such a great impression allowing you to have a very enjoyable stay. I am so happy that you found every aspect of your stay ideal, from our wonderful staff to our food & drinks offering and of course the beautiful gardens that surround us here at Belmont House Hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

A huge thank you Harry and staff at the Belmont hotel. Our family gathering on Monday the 17th September in the linen suite was a huge success down the amazing function room provided and the fantastic staff. Would highly recommend the 5 star venue

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Shivvysmyth,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent family gathering with us here at Belmont House Hotel.

It was a pleasure to host you all and I am so pleased that you all enjoyed the evening in our newly renovated Linen Suite. Your kind comments about our fantastic team are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Staff excellent, rooms clean, comfortable, quiet and affordable. The food was excellent and the breakfast was absolutely fantastic. I had to alter my stay at the last minute due to family illness and this was absolutely no problem and the staff sorted me out with no fuss at all. Well worth a 5* rating.

Stayed: May 2018

Dear Dave G,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Belmont House Hotel.

I am so happy to read you enjoyed the overall experience and were impressed by all aspects, including our wonderful staff, bedrooms & food. We were happy to assist in altering your booking given the circumstances and pleased that we could help in anyway we could.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I have found that I make a reservation in a hotel based on what they can advertise and what other people say, I find I only return to a hotel based on what they actually deliver. So telling you I have stayed in this hotel 6 times so far this year may give some context to my review. Agreed there are not dozens of hotels in the area, but there are others. Based in a lovely setting up a private drive on a small rise first sight of this small but well proportioned Georgian style building is a delightful start to your stay. Firstly the staff, they are friendly, welcoming and focused on making your stay as perfect as possible. From Julie-Ann on reception who now tries to make sure I get my favourite bedroom to Stewart who is very keen to hear your comments and suggestions so he can ensure everything is done for the best experience of the guests. Now to the rooms, I have stayed in almost all of them and have my favourite (keeping it to myself you understand). I judge hotel rooms by their linen, all provide a bed, bathroom and various other features, but the sheets and towels make the difference for me. The linen at the Belmont is very good. Sheets in particular are crisp, white cotton with that lovely silky feel, towels are almost as good, certainly they are good quality and a decent size, and face clothes are provided. The other bedroom furniture is in keeping with the style of the hotel, carpets are plush and bathroom fittings are good quality. Breakfast is very good, the self service options are limited, but anything that comes out of the kitchen cooked has always been very good. My wheat allergy has not prevented me having most of the cooked options.
Now, this hotel has been on my list of should I /shouldn’t I write about how much I enjoy my stays for some time. I am sharing the great experience I have with the proviso you don’t book my favourite room when I would like it…. please.

Room Tip: Family rooms have 2 large double beds
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Janis G,

I am so pleased that we could welcome you back to our hotel once again and that our wonderful staff, food & hotel surroundings have made such an impression. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and we are delighted that we help to make your stay as perfect as we can.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and will do our best to book you into your favourite room!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here the night before flying out on our honeymoon. Was so so nice. Surprisingly so. We grew up in Banbridge, love it. Just had almost dismissed the idea of it having a good hotel. To be honest we'd always assumed the Belmont was a dodgy nightclub lol. Wrong!

From the moment we arrived. The staff were as friendly and helpful as we've ever had. Food in the bar was lovely and the rooms of an outstanding quality. Stay here!

All elements wonderful. Staff have to be what was special though. From the girls at the desk. The gentleman making meal suggestions and checking on us in the cellar bar and the young guy. Who heard me creeping downstairs with our suitcases at 6am and almost insisting he helped.

Awesome set up.

Thanks for a great send off on honeymoon.

Room was

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip787627,

I am so pleased we could welcome you to our hotel and it was the perfect send off on your honeymoon. I am so happy to read your kind comments about our wonderful staff and that the whole team looked after you and made your stay memorable.

We hope you had a great honeymoon & wish you the happiest of futures!