All reviews self catering facilities silent valley tucked away relaxing stay other guests irish hospitality next morning home from home hostel community accommodation mournes mountains cyclists jar kindness journey
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We were made to feel so welcome here. Tucked away just north of Kilkeel, this lodge was full of friendly staff and Mairead was wonderful. Attentive and kind, she had lots of good advice or our onward trip.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Mairead_White, Manager at The Mourne Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you so much for a 5 star review!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in the midst of the majestic Mournes and would love to see you return :)

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights whilst walking in the Mournes, which are beautiful.

Accommodation good for the price.

Breakfast was excellent. Maired would not have been more friendly and helpful, she was a delight.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for the wonderful review Alison!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us in the Mournes as we really do try our best to look after our guests every need. If you're ever in the area please call in and say hi :)

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Had 3 nights here with my family at Easter. Great location with the backdrop of the Mourne mountains and the lovely Mourne coast. We were well looked after by Mairead and her team. Quiet, clean, with a great breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Amazing review!! Thank you, guests like you and your family are an absolute pleasure to host!! I am so glad so enjoyed the beauty of the Mourne Mountains & Coast. Hope to see you all again in the future :) :)

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Very pleasant stay in clean room. After all day-long trekking in mountains bath and comfortable bed were everything I needed. In the morning delicious home made breakfast with never-ending additional toasts :-)

Thank you for jar of orange marmolade. Guest from Poland.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Great from review for a great guest!! We try are very best at the Mourne Lodge to make sure our guests have a quality stay with us so it is good to hear you had a great sleep and enjoyed our breakfast!! :)

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

I always write what I think is a very honest review and I've thought long and hard about this one and the grading that I've given it, but I feel that I have to warn other families.
This lady does an amazing job and the set up could be so good. She is so nice that you don't want to offend her, but when you are the trying not to offend her, she won't take it very well. No doubt at the end of this review she will have the last word. She has the most cruel tongue I've ever met and neither myself or my husband or children have never been spoken to or been as insulted in all our lives!!!!!!
We ended up in a conference room or large hall, not a room, not a bedroom. There was no lock on a door, but a chair. In fact the door was a swing door with a black bin liner on the glass. It was late and we had nowhere else to go and neither my husband or myself wanted to up set the other or the children. We tried to make it an adventure. The security light above the fire escape double doors shone all night. It was awful.
If you do book here please know that you may end up in this same room as someone else has already mentioned in the reviews. She thought that since we had children that we would like it better.
This is NOT and B and B or. HOTEL but a HOSTEL!!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family