“Great spot for relaxing”

and 1 more site!
Harbour Heights Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 28 Portrush B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband & I stayed here last weekend for 1 night. We payed £10 extra for a room with a sea view at the top of the house which was quite a trek but well worth it for the view. The room was good size, plenty of hot water in the bathroom, the bed was very comfy and the breakfast was excellent!

If you are looking for somewhere to relax & be central to the beaches etc then this is a great spot, if your looking for somewhere for a night of mad partying you may want to pick somewhere else.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for sea view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craftynick
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

arrived at 2130 without a booking, was made very welcome, actually had to stay an extra nite at short notice which was welcomed with a warm smile and a key to a clean, comfortable room. I would gladly recommend this b&b to all my freinds.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to rest up, so we approched the B&B and rang the doorbell twice. At first I thought no one was in, so we began to walk away. The woman came out and I walked over. I asked about the rooms and she responded in a very rude tone. I had to stand there and take it, said "ok" then walked away. Really rude to the both of us. I wouldn't recommend staying at that B&B

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Double_J_12
twomadcachers, Manager at Harbour Heights Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

This review is ludicrous & in my opinion fabricated; January is an extremely quiet month so chasing guest away by being rude would be counter-productive. No-one would just 'stand there and take it' then just say 'ok' and walk away at the level of rudeness inferred. And lastly Coleraine (where the reviewer is from) is 15 minutes drive away: I could only imagine you are the 2 who rang the doorbell & asked how much a room is PER HOUR!

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Booked in here as a party of 8 on a stag do which we made Sam fully aware of from the beginning. One of the stag parties couldnt make it due to illness and we were charged for his room, even though Sam told us she hadnt even made up his bed yet and there were plenty other rooms available. Sam was extremely grumpy and annoyed because we didnt arrive at 12 noon, we were held up in traffic and arrived at 12.30. Your not allowed to eat in your rooms or you get a £50 fine, if you leave a mess, you also get fined. Room was tiny, i shared with my friend and the beds were joined at the bottom so we were top and tail! Sam was extremely rude when we arrived back at 1.30am, apologised in the morning but its not good enough. There was NO heating and NO hot water! I didnt even want to have my breakfast in this hostile environment so i didnt. Value for money - terrible do not go here if your under 60 years old!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandy Y
twomadcachers, Owner at Harbour Heights Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

As I run the B&B on my own during the day I have to plan my day & my errands around guest check-in times, which I ask for in advance of your arrival; I had made special arrangements for your group to check-in at 12noon - much earlier than normal check-in time, between 2pm - 6pm. As you were running late the courteous thing would have been to lift the phone & let me know, but as your group did not I was frustrated when you arrived. As your group was a stag night I was already very apprehensive of your behaviour and this lack of consideration did nothing to ease that feeling.

As your booking was for 8 I had accommodated 4 x twin rooms, as requested, if I had been informed, even earlier that morning I could have rearranged the accommodations to suit the 7 of you, without having to charge for the extra unused, booked bed; but with no advance warning & no vacancies this was not possible.

House rules are displayed on the back of all bedroom doors & on the dining room door, one of them does refer to no food in the rooms as take-out stain the carpets & linen, the £50 fee referred to is stated as a cleaning fee - should it be applicable. These are displayed so there can be no confusion over extra billing if necessary

As for the incident with the doorbell, I did not shout, I was grumpy & irritable and muttering about the unacceptability of the situation, as can be expected when rudely awaken at 1.30 in the morning. When I got to the landing, I noticed you scurrying out of sight, that is when I started muttering - but as you heard me & knew that it was not your companion you could easily have popped your head around the corner & said you'd had a problem with the key, but you got it sorted; that would have resolved the whole issue, but once again common courtesy was lacking. I had also advised you all that I had other guests in the house including a family with a little baby, who, by the way, was awakened by the ringing of the doorbell.

The heating is on a timer, as to decrease our carbon footprint, and as such even starting at 5.30am it unfortunately did not give enough time to heat the hot press that had been emptied the night before with people showering before going out & after returning from a nights' partying.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay as it seemed the rest of your group, with the exception of your room-mate did.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

After travelling all the way from Plymouth to sample the warm northern Irish hospitality I was bitterly disappointed to be frog marched by an impatient and rude south African woman called Sam to my room. Unapproachable, abrupt and rude was only the beginning of my jackle and hide experience with this lady. Without exaggeration I was convinced this lady was a prison officer taken me to my cell. Once inside my room your attention is immediately drawn to abrupt warnings and absurd fines littered all over the place (example £50 fine if caught with food in room). The room was very small and to be honest in my opinion did not have space for two single beds, on a positive the room was clean and tidy. I felt uncomfortable in the accommodation and if it wasn't for the fact that I was part of a party of 7 other guests I would have left immediately. That evening we returned to the accommodation at 1.30 am and the door bell was pressed twice as I had a genuine problem opening the front door, fortunately it did open and just as I was entering my room I heard Sam shouting and being rude to one of my friends who hadn't done anything. I could clearly hear her accuse him of wakening her up and she was shouting it,s not on. It was a horrendous customer service. In the morning our organiser apologised for her behaviour, he was embarrassed and felt he had to personally check each of our rooms for damage so that he could defuse any further potential incidents with Sam. Break fast in the morning was satisfactory and Sam did politely say good bye. Through out our stay our party was polite and respected the accommodation and it,s rules and did not deserve the I'll treatment demonstrated above. I will not recommend this accommodation whilst this woman is working there. It almost spoilt our whole visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank HammyPlymouth

If you had a problem with your room you should have said something there & then; as one of your group did not arrive I could have moved you to the room he would have been sharing - a bigger twin.

The checking of the rooms had NOTHING to do with doorbell incident, it is something the organiser of your group agreed on booking the stag night as he understood my apprehension in taking a booking of this kind - stag & hen nights are not welcomed with open arms in most B&B's.