All reviews sea view gluten free breakfast location is brilliant lots of character on numerous occasions top floor water pressure three nights nice room very pleasant stay breakfast was amazing comfortable rooms portrush harbour an upgrade highly recommend this b b street parking ulster fry
Reviewed 21 October 2011

clean, quiet, friendly staff, easy to walk around town and to restaurants...good breakfast...great location to stay for Bushmills and Giants Causeway

Room tip: go the extra cost for the king bed with the ocean view
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank opal43
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed here around the 3rd week of September with my wife. It is a pretty basic accommodation located in an old building. I would give it an average rating. We had problems with the shower that the owner was unable to fix. We notified the owners of the problem. One night there was no hot water. The next night the hot water went out and then there was no water water pressure at all to take a shower. We also had problem with the wi-fi. It didn't work in our room as advertised but did work great with very fast upload speeds in the main lobby area. The breakfast was standard Irish/Northern Ireland and was pretty good. I will give them one plus and that is that they have a washer and dryer that are free to use including soap! Being able to do your own laundry is rare on the whole island and to be able to do it for free is practically unheard of. In all it isn't a bad place to stay during an off peak time for a night. Hopefully, they have fixed their plumbing issue but the person at the front desk said they have been having problems lately and were still working on it so it may be an ongoing issue.

Room tip: Test your shower out as soon as you arrive to make sure the hot water works and there is sufficient pressure.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tngl4ut
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed three nights. It was a wonderful stay. Syd could not have been nicer and the room was clean, comfortable and had a great view. Our Wifi was a bit spotty but that is the only complaint I have and honestly it was not a big deal for us at all.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monandkirk
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed 2 nights during the NI International Airshow. Booked a family room. had 2 double beds which were very comfortable. Room was clean and tidy. Breakfast was excellent. We were all made very welcome. Wifi didn't work in our room perhaps cause we were at back of house. phone networks in the Portrush area are a bit tempramental. We had an enjoyable stay and will book again. value for money.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Despite having taken a credit card number to confirm my booking for two nights, I received a voicemail during the afternoon of my arrival to inform me that I had been moved to another B&B as the people in my room wanted to stay on. I had spoken to the owner at 9.30 that morning, to indicate my arrival time, and my booking was still ok then. As a widow and solo traveller, it is bad enough having to pay single supplements without being moved on when the B&B gets the chance to make more money by having double occupancy. I had chosen this B&B carefully after reading reviews and looking at pictures of rooms, etc. If I had wanted to stay at the other one I would have booked it. When I complained the next day, the owner was not even apologetic, just saying that it was a short tourist season and he had a business to run.

Date of stay: July 2011