“excellent time had :)”

GolfLinks Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
“excellent time had :)”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Had a groupon deal as a present. always go to lush but never stayed in the hotel before.

walking in yes their was noone at reception but this can easily be resolved at walking a few more feet to the bar and saying hi I'm here to check in! they are friendly enough you know!

we had room no6 which had no view but who cares it was clean and spacious and somewhere to put ur head down! sheets were crisp white and everywhere shower included was spotless. tv is good with free view options. the only downside is the mattress wasn't the comfiest but I'm not a princess! lol.

we ate breakfast in the restaurant the 2 mornings, fast service, nice fry not greasy and buffet was good with cereal fruit yogurts toast etc. and a good cup of tea.
on our second night we ate dinner in the hotel it was very busy so we booked a table and when the food eventually came (30 min wait) it was lovely.

if you are going to complain about noise do not stay here it's Kelly's hotel beside 1 of northern Ireland's biggest night clubs what do you expect? it didn't bother me at all lying in bed hearing music/people because I'm usually 1 of them!

I would definately go back here and can't believe the negative reviews nearly put me off even going!

• Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My mum, 1yr old daughter and I stayed here for two nights in March and were delighted with how friendly and helpful the staff were. The accommodation is roomy, very clean and comfortable but what makes the hotel great is the team of people in the restaurant and throughout. Nothing is too much trouble and they always had time to have a laugh with my daughter. The evening meal was excellent and really good value for money. The location is close to the beach and to the town.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Very recently my husband and I spend 2 nights away (midweek) at this hotel, using the groupon deal. We had such an enjoyable time there, found the staff to be friendly and the hotel to be very welcoming.

On the first evening we dined in the hotel, and used the second part of the groupon deal which gave a free bottle of wine with a 3 course meal. Both the meal and the wine were really lovely, and in actual fact the food we had in Atlantis was WAY superior to the food we ate in a well known restaurent the following evening! My husband had steak in Atlantis, said it was one the best steaks he has even had - and this is saying something, as we regularly holiday in the US and have a few favourite steakhouses over there! Breakfast was included in the deal and both morning was a lovely Ulster fry, that was dry and not dripping in oil!

I felt strongly that I wanted to write this review (my first ever!), as I happpened upon the previous bad reviews, and wanted to give my own perspective. We couldn't have asked the hotel for more, and would happily visit again.

Room Tip: Some room overlook the entrance to Kelly's, so if you're easily annoyed by noise then ask fo...
1 Thank wannabemidwife
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My boyfriend and I bought a Deal on Groupon for Atlantis and used it over Valentine's Day.

Our first impression was omg it's right beside Kelly's which we thought would be crazy but found out later that Kelly's is only on 2 days a week which was a relief.

the Hotel looked well from the outside however there was little if no ground for a walk around the hotel grounds.

The foyer looked as though it had had a facelift and was appealing to the eye. it looked quite cosy with leather seats and pleasant decor.

However we were given a double economy room which was so very small. we walked through the door and bumped into the bed. ( this is no exageration )

The room was clean however to get changed we had to sit on the edge of the bed as there was no space around the bed to stand. only enough room to shuffle to the toilet.

the bathroom door wouldnt close so we had to use a coin to lock the door from outside which was very inconvenient. the bathroom was very basic. with no extras. We never had hot water in our room. it was always luke warm which was very unpleasant waking up to in the morning.

we asked to change rooms but there was no available free rooms.

the room was also very warm with a view of the heating and a staircase.

Breakfast was included in the price which was good value for money.

It was £60 for two nyts for 2 people including breakfast so all in all it was value for money however i would have been happier if we could have upgraded to a more spacious room.

Room Tip: Don't stay in economy.
2 Thank lauren s
Belfast
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel through groupon, we couldn't have asked for any better, especially for the price! The only issue we had was the heat of the room. After speaking to staff we found out, it was due to the kitchens, restaurant etc which where below us (they are trying to sort this problem). We stayed on wed/thurs night, which was good as we got free entry into Kelly's on the wednesday night. We only had breakfast in the restaurant as we went out for dinner elsewhere, the staff in the restaturant where friendly and welcoming. I really couldn't fault this hotel, there has clearly been a lot of work put into redecorating it and it looks really good!