Free cancellation until 26/07
Garron View(Cushendall)
The Burn B&B(Cushendall)
  • Beachfront
Agoda.com
All reviewshome made cakestea and cakeon arrivalnorthern irelandeggs benedictdelicious cakesnarrow roadher husbandfour nightsfresh fruitnext morningb and bamazing viewswarm welcomeperfect hostsirish breakfastfull irish
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

I called Cullentra House to book two rooms the day before my planned stay (family of 4) as we could not book rooms with breakfast over booking.com. I spoke to the hotel owner, who assured me that we would get two rooms with breakfast, with a small discount included as we were booking directly with the bed and breakfast.
The next afternoon, we arrived at Cullentra House, only to find that we had all been put into one room, with one foldable guest bed. This was not what we had agreed on. The hosts tried to assure us that that was what I had agreed to, however, I am well aware of the conversation that we had and my husband had overheard the conversation as well. We left to find another place to stay and were refunded.
Later that evening I looked up the bed and breakfast again on booking.com and found that the price of that one room that we had been given was almost half the price of what we had been charge, therefore confirming that we had agreed on two rooms.
A very big let down and a blatant lie on their part. Such a shame!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank IvanaMariposa
newtowncashel, Manager at Cullentra House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

It is regrettable to hear of your dissatisfaction considering that I am quite clear about our conversation on the phone. Your intention was to get accommodation at as cheap a rate as possible and when I suggested a deluxe family room with breakfast included for 4 persons at a reduced rate you were happy to agree. There was no mention of 2 rooms.
On arrival we quickly discovered the accommodation was never going to be to your pleasing as we overheard two of your party saying they wanted accommodation in the centre of the village.
As you were not happy we made alternative arrangements for you to be accommodated in another B&B in the village although at the end of the day you paid £40 more than what you were being charged here.
All in all your review is quite contradictory as you mentioned you could not book on booking.com and yet that evening you could see the room on their site. I don’t know what site you were looking at but the rate you were being charged was less than on booking.com
Finally I take acceptance to the fact that you try to make me out a liar.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The stay was just perfect. Lovely owners, nice rooms and an ample and delicious breakfast. I can recommend this place to everyone!
The owners make every effort to make your stay as nice as possible.
Olive is also very competent when it comes to giving advise for regional points of interest.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
newtowncashel, Owner at Cullentra House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Many thanks for your lovely comments. It was such a pleasure to have you stay and we look forward to a return visit should you come this away again.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely stay, rooms are spacious and beds comfortable
Ensuite rooms are ideal for stay
Two minutes from cushendall village
staff are very accommodating
Vast choice in menu for breakfast
Will definitely stay here again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
newtowncashel, Owner at Cullentra House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Many thanks Keith for your kind comments. We were delighted to be able to host you during your time here in N Ireland. We hope to see you sometime again

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Olive and her husband have a wonderful b&b perched above the quaint coastal town of Cushendall. The view of the bay and mountains is spectacular.
The traditional breakfast was great and hit the spot.
The room was a good size and clean.
The shower door was missing but we learned there was a funny story about that and expect it will be rectified.
Olive suggested a B&B for our next leg of the trip and that worked out. She even called us to let us know we had left something behind. Very honest and helpful. The town of Cushendall is great too. Check out Harry's for dinner and MCCollums for a pint.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
newtowncashel, Owner at Cullentra House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review. Your wonderful comments are greatly appreciated.
We endeavour to cater as best we can for all our guests and we hope this has been so with regard to yourselves. Hope you can make a return visit to Cullentra House sometime again.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Olive and James the place is amazing and olive your baking is awesome very good breakfast. Your home is squeaky clean and well presented pure luxury me and my wife stayed three nights in October 2017 we will be returning absolutely thank you both for making our stay s0 pleasant the view from cullentra house bed and breakfast is amazing highly recommended yes

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dee D
newtowncashel, Owner at Cullentra House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Many thanks to you and your wife for choosing to stay with us. It was such a pleasure to have you in our home.
Following our discussions on country music we hope you have some new names in the country scene to listen to throughout the winter months.