All reviewscakeson arrivaltea and cakenorthern irelandeggs benedictnarrow roadher husbandb and bdelicious homemadefresh fruitfull irishnext morningperfect hostsstunning viewsbreakfast was amazingcould not have been morewarm welcome
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Olive and James the place is amazing and olive your baking is awesome very good breakfast. Your home is squeaky clean and well presented pure luxury me and my wife stayed three nights in October 2017 we will be returning absolutely thank you both for making our stay s0 pleasant the view from cullentra house bed and breakfast is amazing highly recommended yes

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dee D
newtowncashel, Owner at Cullentra House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Many thanks to you and your wife for choosing to stay with us. It was such a pleasure to have you in our home.
Following our discussions on country music we hope you have some new names in the country scene to listen to throughout the winter months.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I’m not exaggerating. This b&b is delectable!

Google maps took us on a pretty drive about a mile up the hill from the village to this lovely home surrounded by green fields.

We checked in a bit late, but this didn’t phase our hostess, Olive. She greeted us with a warm welcome and made us a cup of tea served with home made cakes. (Bonus hospitality)

The first thing I noticed was that this was probably the cleanest house I have ever been in. Our room was a pretty double with ensuite, comfy bed and bedding, bedside phone chargers, in room tea/coffee. The ensuite was tiny, but very acceptable and modern.

We were so impressed we asked for a second night right away.

Night 2 we were moved to another pretty room with 2 singles and a shared washroom complete with soaker tub and walk in shower.

Olive offers a Breakfast menu to choose from in the evening. The food she served us was home made by her, huge servings and every condiment and extra you could possible imagine. She even served appetizers of fresh fruit smoothie! Honestly, Dear Olive, you are a fabulous cook!

I have many fond memories of my adventure in Northern Ireland, but Cullentra House and Olive stand out as especially memorable. Thank you for your warm, friendly and flexible hospitality Olive! ❤️ I apologize for forgetting your husbands name. His directions to the waterfalls were perfect.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
newtowncashel, Owner at Cullentra House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Many thanks for your lovely comments. It is people like you who acknowledge the lengths we go to in order to satisfy our customers that makes our work worthwhile.
We were delighted to be able to accommodate you on the second night and we hope you can return again should you ever visit this beautiful part of the country.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We just stayed here for one night. Lovely view from the front of the house. Room was very clean, as was the bathroom. Bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was generous. The one bad spot...the WiFi. Either we couldn't get on, it dropped us, or it was so slow that we gave up. It was better in the morning before we left.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
newtowncashel, Owner at Cullentra House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Many thanks for your kind comments which are greatly appreciated. Sorry to hear about the wifi considering that our guests comment on the strong signal. We have two hubs so I can only think tha perhaps you were trying to link into one that was too far away from your room. Pity you did not let us know when you were here thus allowing us to correct the problem.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

As a tour operator, I booked five rooms at Cullentra House to accommodate seven of us for two nights. Everything about the stay went smoothly... the booking, the payment, the accommodations. I even added one guest at the very last minute and James was able to find her a room. The payment process and communication was extremely smooth. So this is a great option for people planning small tours.

The home itself is sparklingly clean with all new fixtures and furniture. This includes a comfortable lounge. Everything is on one floor, which makes managing luggage so easy. Breakfast was on par with gourmet options - including eggs benedict (OMG). Then there are the views! Just walk outside and take in the fabulous surroundings that define the Glens of Antrim - the mountains, the sea and Tiveragh - the fairy hill. You can even experience the views on Google Street View if you plug in the address.

Several of my guests said, "What must it be like to wake up to this view every day." Ours was the triple room that had a wide window that faced that view and the sunrise each morning.

I was concerned at first that we wouldn't be right near the town of Cushendall where our guests could walk to the town center. James and Olive were so accommodating and offered to drive us and pick us up from our dinner in the town. James also gave us great advice on what to see nearby.

Finally, these hosts are so genuinely nice that it was a pleasure to simply be around them. They couldn't do enough for us. I would highly recommend a stay at Cullentra House and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the front - the triple room is worth the extra money if it's available.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
newtowncashel, Owner at Cullentra House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

A special thanks to you Mindie for selecting to have your party stay with us. We had a wonderful time conversing with them and yourself as you took in the sites along this famous Antrim coastline. Hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure where to begin...I arrived to Olive and James' lovely home at 7:30 pm, just as it was turning dark. I was welcomed with a pot of tea, baked goods, and a chat!
Next thing I knew, both Olive and James were giving me tips and places I needed to visit. They also provided potential places I may need to stay... As I was just 'going with flow' and seeing where the wind and road took me before it got dark! I was so overwhelmed by their kindness...by far, the most hospitable and friendly couple to meet on my travels with a gorgeous home and gorgeous views. I can't wait to come back again for another cuppa tea and a chat!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Many thanks for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to welcome you into our home. We enjoyed our conversations with you and were sad to see you go. Hope you can make a return visit.