“Changed my mind!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Telephone 028 9448 8666
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I am usually not a fan of Indian good but this was really good. We had the Chicken Tikki Masala and fried rice. The sauce of the chicken dish was flavorful.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I must confess that my review might be a bit biased for two reasons. 1. i am based in West Midlands, England. That gives me with the experience of having lovely Indian cuisine on a daily basis. 2. I had the experience of eating at their sister restaurant NU Delhi, couple of weeks ago which was an unexpected delight.
Thinking that this restaurant is part of the same group i mistakenly put my expectations very high.
Was disappointed massively.
Service was very good but the main thing, food was totally disappointing. It was bland and not what i expected. Asked for a tarka daal, got just plain lentils with no tarka at all.
Lamb was bland as well.
I guess the restaurant just caters to the local taste and do not want to try the actual indian/Pakistani food. Not recommended if you like ACTUAL indian/Pakistani food.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I was there on Wednesday evening around 6.30 and although it was busy and we’d not booked they were happy to find us a table. Our order was very unusual and is queried in most Indian restaurants but not here. The staff at Spice were happy to accommodate our non standard requests.

Food was piping hot, tasty and service was friendly.

Also very reasonably priced for what we had. We will be back for sure:-)

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Impromptu visit to Spice which is off the beaten track. Dispite rough appearance on arrival (not the clearest signage, bumpy entrance, rash car park, immediate door area as is) it was a very very warm welcome and great service thereafter. Just the right place for a chilled evening out. Staff were very attentive, and pleasant, especially considerate to anyone unsure about Indian cuisine. Answering any queries patiently. So good place to go for those who want to taste something beyond Chinese. Photos don't do justice to tasty flavours of lamb and chicken. Starter was great.
Very welcoming, relaxed, experience.
Also respo

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Delicious food with authentic spices. Recently enjoyed two takeaway meals from here. The food was well cooked and the selection of complimentary dips and poppadoms we received were a welcome addition. A good alternative to the usual Chinese takeaways.

Date of visit: August 2018