“Fantastic stay with a great atmosphere!”
Review of Loughshore Hotel

Loughshore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carrickfergus
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay with a great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I attended a special evening with friends and had dinner in the Red Pepper Restaurant and a over night stay. The 4 course meal was superb, with a fantastic choice and served by a team of professional staff.
After our meal we sat in the rotunda area and could hear lovely live jazz music coming from another function, it was perfect!
The room was big and spacious with very comfortable beds and a great view of Belfast Lough.

Great night and I can't wait to return............................

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for your kind words of praise. We will share your review with our team members, who will be greatly encouraged by your positive comments.

We take great pleasure from creating memorable, enjoyable, experiences for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back, soon.

Best wishes from all at the hotel.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2012

For my husbands birthday I decided to book us in to stay overnight in the Clarion Hotel and as it was a Sunday 15th Jan. I booked us in for the cavery. I lifted a plate from the hotbox which was very hot and burned my fingers and thumb. A manager in a suit said something to me which I did not hear and then he disappeared. A very pleasant young waiter carried my plate to our table and got me a bowl of iced water for my hand. I could not enjoy my dinner as my hand was very painful and I found it difficult to use my knife. I had to keep my hand in the iced water for relief. A manager called David asked me what was wrong as he saw me with my hand in the iced water. I explained what had happened and also said that in the interest of Health and Safety trays should be supplied so that customers hands would not get burnt. Napkins are also placed after the hotplates not before or in front of the hotbox for customers to use. David said he would 'take on board what I said' but he could not get away from us quick enough either. I was left feeling that management just did not care about what happened to me. Tony explained to us that on that particular Sunday the cavery was not as busy as it usually is and that the plates were in the hotbox longer than usual which would make them hot. What was meant to be an enjoyable occasion just did not happen.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olympia M
Thank for your feedback and for the opportunity to speak with you today. We are delighted to receive your feedback, positive and constructive. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Best wishes from all at the hotel.
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2012

my daughter got married in the hotel at the end of october,their were 100 guests and we all had a super day and night,the staff were superb nothing was a problem.the weather that day was awfull but thepoor weather did not spoil our day the mc was proffesional and courteous and amusing,iwould have no hesitation in recomending the clarion for any family event

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts via Tripadvisor. We are delighted that your daughter's wedding day was filled with celebrations and wonderful memories.

We will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff and of course David the MC.

Best wishes to all of the family, from all at the hotel.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Four of us went to eat in the restaurant last night and it was very busy. Spent 30 mins before even getting a drink but to be fair when the food arrived it was very good. One of the male members of staff in the restaurant was extremely rude and abrupt and we considered leaving. The food did go some way to making up for the service and was very good value.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tbirdtammy
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
tbirdtammy,
thank you for your candid feedback, it is much appreciated. I have e-mailed you my contact information, so that I might discuss your experience in greater detail. I look forward to (and would be thankfull for) the opportunity to discuss this.

I am encouraged to hear that you enjoyed the food on the evening.

Sincerely and with best wishes from all at the hotel.
N Ireland
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed in the Clarion Christmas Eve and Christmas night on bed and breakfast basis only as spending Christmas with family nearby. The twin room on fourth floor was very clean and comfortable with all the usual amenities I would expect from a hotel with a three star rating. Breakfast was average in that there wasn't much variety in regard to cereals, fresh fruits etc but the cooked breakfast was fine and couldn't really complain as included in price. Any staff I encountered were pleasant and gave an overall good impression of the hotel.
Only one criticism - no air con in rooms which was unfortunate as heating on full blast in rest of hotel even though very mild weather (unusually!) so made for uncomfortable disturbed sleep. Other than that would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Clarion Carrickfergus and for taking the time and effort to share your thoughts. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. You may rest assured that we will endeavor to get the heating, just right, next time.

Sincerely and with best wishes from all at the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrickfergus
1.5 km away
21.2 km away
Ballygally Castle
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally

Been to Loughshore Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK