All reviews leisure facilities cellar restaurant swimming pool wedding reception self service overlooking the river steam room second to none large bathroom from start to finish first class wedding venue staff were amazing hen party saturday night friendly hotel following morning
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I'd like to give a big thank you to Pauline and her staff for making our 50th Wedding Anniversary so special. Everything was first class from start to finish and I couldnt recommend the Glenavon enough....Thank you from Jackie & Tony

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Paula W, Manager at Glenavon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Jackie M

Thank you for your very kind comments following your recent stay and 50th Wedding Anniversary celebrations at the hotel. It was very good of you to take the time and we are all delighted that everything went well. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to welcoming you back for the 55th in a few years time!

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, well maintained. Rooms spacious with large bed. Bathrooms are good with lovely showers with hot water. WiFi in the room was strong and steady. Large screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Bar food was excellent. I had £15.95 3 course early bird option one night which was very good. £3.90-£4.30 for a pint at the bar. Nicely decorated bar but one you wouldn't spend the night in as it has more of a restaurant feel than a bar. Leisure centre was very good. Warm pool, steam room, Jacuzzi. Towels, lockers and water provided. Onsite gym equipment as well. Plenty for kids there also. Short walk to town to a few shops, bars, restaurants. I will stay here again the next time I'm this way with work.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Paula W, Manager at Glenavon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear paddy08

Thank you for your very kind comments following your recent stay - we are delighted that you were happy with the hotel and its facilities not to mention the food and it's value for money!

It was very good of you to take the time - we appreciate that and look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with three other business colleagues on 23rd July for one night. I must say the quality of this hotel is impressive, every where is spacious, rooms nicely furnished, comfortable, has excellent amenities and the staff really pleasant and helpful. Also had an evening meal on arrival and the food was good, just what we needed after a delayed flight.
I have made a note of this hotel as I hope to go again, not for business but for a personal chill out few days. I’m sure I will not be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Paula W, Manager at Glenavon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Lee M

Thank you for our very kind comments in your review of the hotel following your recent stay - we are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. All the staff work very hard to ensure everyone has an enjoyable time and it is great when our customers take the time to acknowledge that!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for a personal chill out.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here whilst on a charity cycle. The hotel had donated rooms and meals for some of the cyclist and crew. Everything about this hotel was wonderful, from the time we entered until we left the staff made sure we were 100% happy. The facilities, rooms,restaurant and bar were all magnificent.

I will return.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Paula W, Manager at Glenavon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Darrell H

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the facilities, food and especially the customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

we stayed here in Sept 2016 on the night of our wedding which was held in Lissan House in Cookstown. They didn't have any rooms to stay which is why we chose to go the Glenavon Hotel after.

The hotel was lovely, we didn't arrive until very late so went straight to bed where we had a lovely night sleep. Didn't have any problems at all with the hotel itself. It was when we checked out and got home that the problem started.

We got a telephone call from the hotel saying that we had smoked in the room and the alarm had gone off and they were going to charge an additional fee to our card.
Well, 1... we DID NOT smoke in the room. My husband smokes rolling tobacco so when he rolled his cigarette in the hotel room he swept the rough bits of tobacco that had fallen in the bin then we BOTH went outside were we had out smoke in the smoking area. Not once did we even spark up the lighter in the room. We are not stupid and wont risk smoking in a non smoking hotel in the event that we could possibly be charged. I put my husband on the phone the hotel and he said the same as I did and when we mentioned about coming back down to view their fire log book (I'm a fire marshal for my office so know that they would have had to have a record of it) they changed there attitude. Needless to say, I wont be back to this hotel and certainly wont recommend anyone else to stay at it.

This was no way to treat a new bride the day after her wedding day. We had a few other people book rooms but think they had originally expected more to stay and when they cancelled in the week before I think they were trying to get as much money as they could !!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Paula W, Manager at Glenavon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear Sarah M,

I would respectively suggest there is a big difference between the smell of rolling tobacco and the smell of smoke - we are very much aware of the difference in the smell ( although I appreciate that smokers may not have as keen a sense of smell.)

I am not sure why it took almost 2 years after the event before you posted your review onto Trip Advisor - you were here in September 2016 not September 2017 as indicated on your review - I would have thought you would have recalled at least the year of your wedding more accurately. Needless to say your 2 year recollection of the conversations you had with the staff are just about as accurate or perhaps you were getting confused posting 8 reviews in the one day?

My many non smoking customers appreciate coming into a clean, fresh smelling room and I am sure they will understand why we charge smokers who smoke in their rooms the well advertised fine.

The Trip Advisor readers can ultimately decide for themselves on the merits or otherwise of your review from your stay 2 years ago....

Yours faithfully