“Always loved the beer and music, and now the food!”
Review of The Parrot Cafe

The Parrot Cafe
Ranked #56 of 144 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Description: The Parrot Café serves a variety of breakfast and lunch orientated meals with excellent vegetarian and vegan options. Our bread and cakes are freshly baked on premises and we have a regularly updated specials board. We stock around 150 different craft beers (mostly vegan with gluten free options too) and host food and beer related events. Our café is dog friendly.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The Parrot has a fantastic bottle shop with specialist beers, and the staff are very knowledgeable about their stock. There are always good beers on tap for drinking in, some of them have really unusual flavours. I never know whether to have a beer or a coffee in the daytime though, as the coffee is the best I've had anywhere in Carmarthen. Really creamy cappuccino made with whole milk. It's so hard to find anywhere that uses whole milk in coffee and it makes such a difference.
With the recent re-opening of the kitchen, the Parrot now has it all. The food is totally awesome, all home made, and terrific value for money. I'm happy to travel the 25 miles from home to go and eat there, it's totally worth it! The menu has plenty of choice for meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans, and it's all so well presented and tasty. Keep it up guys, I'll definitely be back soon!

1  Thank Sionsmum

Reviewed 6 April 2018

It's great to see the kitchen serving up some proper food at The Parrot once again. Waw, what a great offering. No pretence, just real hearty food bagged full of flavour. Extensive range of craft beer makes this a truly great package crowning the top of King St. Carmarthen. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Rhys D
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Facebook informed me that their kitchen had newly opened. I dropped in late morning today and had an excellent black coffee and tried the Victoria sponge on display which had risen to the size of a small building (only a slight exaggeration). i was served a very generous slice and it was indeed delicious! The main menu looks very interesting too, so I will be giving The Parrot a lunchtime visit soon.

2  Thank davidjones6868
Reviewed 21 May 2017

On the off chance, I took my Daughter out for breakfast this morning before she pressed on with GCSE revision. We called into the Parrot as I'd seen an add on Facebook.

The decor is funky and modern and the welcome was superb. I had a perfect, fresh cup of tea in my hand within 5 minutes. I chose 'The Shed Breakfast' which had bacon, egg, homemade baked beans, sourdough toast, avocado and proper butter. My Daughter went for a "Brechfa Beast' which was basically a breakfast burger with bacon, cheese, tomato, and onion. She reckoned it was the best burger that she's ever had! She is 15 and does tend to exaggerate but I had a bite and it was excellent.

Can't recommend this place enough, heaps better than a 'bog standard' greasy spoon from one of the bigger chains. Great brekkie, with a warm welcome in lovely surroundings. Perfect.

2  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Very helpful, did special vegetarian dishes that were off the menu - really very nice of them to accomodate us vegetarians!
Great food, All the family enjoyed it very much.