All reviewsthe publocal beerpay and displaytop floorlarge showerwelsh breakfastan enjoyable staynext morningexcellent showercomfortable bedspublic car parktea and coffee making facilitiesshower roomeach morningpleasant staffcentral locationwarm welcome
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Stayed in room 3 very good.
Has 3 single beds ,2 in main room and one in a adjoining room.
Great if sharing with friends or work colleagues.
Food in evening was lovely.
Host was very pleasant and helpful.
Breakfast was fine.For some reason the chef smothered my fried egg with pepper
which i don't like otherwise good.
Would definately stay again

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Well arrived after a terrible drive from Newcastle upon Tyne. What a pleasant surprise. Warm welcome lovely cosy room. Then downstairs for a very decent meal. Had a good night's sleep and a very good breakfast in the morning. The following 2 days were the same ate out on the other two evening to sample the town fare all very good. Well done Camathan.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I would like to thanks the staff at the rose and crown for accommodating us after booking. Com messed up our booking. We arrived at 12 midnight expecting a family room that we had booked with booking.com and this hotel doesn't have one. I would like to thank the duty manager Simon for putting us in the best available room they had and not turn us away as we had young children. I would also like to thank Julie for accommodating us all weekend.
Thanks again Rose & Crown for a lovely stay. Booking.com need to do better.

Doug Tyler

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

A warm welcome, everytime i go in. a great atmosphere and a friendly place for families.i have stayed at the hotel more than once and it was excellent , nothing to complain about. the restaurant is amazing, a wide amount of choices to choose from, but i do highly recomend the taffy burger, it has become my favourite on the menu

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2017

My partner and I came for a day trip to Carmarthen for a change of scenery. Although we had a great day, the Rose and Crown was possibly a highlight.

We walked in for food because we couldn't find anywhere else (!) and we are so glad we did.

The barmaid was very friendly and nice. I don't know her name but she had dark hair and was wearing grey (?!).

The menu is just varied enough. I had a lamb burger and my partner had the Taffy burger. Both were delicious. The mint sauce with the lamb deserves a special mention, and the Taffy burger was succulent and perfectly cooked. My partner especially liked the coleslaw.

The smoking area is cosy and we felt comfortable.

We would like to stay the night soon, and sample one of the rooms!

Thank you for a lovely afternoon meal.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple