All reviewsthe publocal beerpay and displaytop floorlarge showerwelsh breakfastan enjoyable staynext morningexcellent showercomfortable bedspublic car parktea and coffee making facilitiesshower roomeach morningpleasant staffcentral locationwarm welcome
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I would like to thanks the staff at the rose and crown for accommodating us after booking. Com messed up our booking. We arrived at 12 midnight expecting a family room that we had booked with booking.com and this hotel doesn't have one. I would like to thank the duty manager Simon for putting us in the best available room they had and not turn us away as we had young children. I would also like to thank Julie for accommodating us all weekend.
Thanks again Rose & Crown for a lovely stay. Booking.com need to do better.

Doug Tyler

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

A warm welcome, everytime i go in. a great atmosphere and a friendly place for families.i have stayed at the hotel more than once and it was excellent , nothing to complain about. the restaurant is amazing, a wide amount of choices to choose from, but i do highly recomend the taffy burger, it has become my favourite on the menu

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2017

My partner and I came for a day trip to Carmarthen for a change of scenery. Although we had a great day, the Rose and Crown was possibly a highlight.

We walked in for food because we couldn't find anywhere else (!) and we are so glad we did.

The barmaid was very friendly and nice. I don't know her name but she had dark hair and was wearing grey (?!).

The menu is just varied enough. I had a lamb burger and my partner had the Taffy burger. Both were delicious. The mint sauce with the lamb deserves a special mention, and the Taffy burger was succulent and perfectly cooked. My partner especially liked the coleslaw.

The smoking area is cosy and we felt comfortable.

We would like to stay the night soon, and sample one of the rooms!

Thank you for a lovely afternoon meal.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2017

A warm welcome awaits yet again.rooms have been redecorated to a very good
standard.would like I see a hair dryer added to the facilities.comfortable beds and s super Welsh Breakfast served.location ideal for all the towns entertainment.

Room Tip: Rooms towards back are quieter although rooms are soundproof
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2017

A last minute change in plans after a bad experience in another town brought us to Rose and Crown. Nice, clean, comfortable room, everything as advertised. Friendly thoughtful service, enjoyed the ambience of the Pub and appreciated the filling tasty breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends