All reviews wonderful horses feel at home previous visits experienced riders beautiful countryside wonderful week roast potatoes lasting friendships other guests home cooking scones gorgeous food great care amazing holiday off road lying down special thanks
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Another absolutely wonderful week at this outstanding riding centre. The most beautiful rides, safe but willing horses, gorgeous food and fabulous company! Love everything about this place and can't recommend highly enough. If you're looking for a riding holiday get it booked - it is worth every penny. Just fantastic!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I've stayed at Cae Iago many times over the last 10+ years and every single visit has been amazing. Wonderful accommodation with comfortable beds, rooms cleaned daily and a living room where you are free to relax. Breakfast is worth the trip alone :). The riding is varied and always stunning, with fun, safe horses to take you up and down mountains, through forest or across open fields. After riding there is tea and homemade cakes waiting for you. Then you can relax, walk the dogs, or go to the pub before a tasty home cooked dinner. It honestly is a little piece of paradise, I always shed a tear when leaving but happy knowing I'll be back soon. Worth every penny

Room Tip: All rooms are ideal and spacious,
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Just home from a fantastic trip to Wales riding and hiking in the beautiful countryside. I was a little worried about trying to organize a trip like this from the US (I live in Florida), particularly since I only had a week, but Lesley was so kind and really made everything easy from the outset. She answered all my queries promptly and was really flexible about our arrival/departure times. The whole trip was set up by email. We flew into Heathrow and were picked up by a long distance taxi I had booked on the internet the week before. The train is another option and normally my preference, but we were short on time and the taxi took us door to door in under 4 hours. Should you elect to take the train, Caeiago will collect you and drop you off at LLandovery, the nearest station, about 30 min away. Right from the moment we arrived we were given a warm welcome. The room was comfortable even in what was a veritable heat wave for Wales, with views of the gorgeous countryside and overlooking paddocks of lovely horses. Delicious meals were prepared by Lesley (the hardest working woman in Wales??) and held family style in the big dining room downstairs. Lesley and Charlie asked about riding experience on the first night and matched me with 3 fantastic horses, Ozzie, Pebbles and best for last Sultan, a stout Gypsy cob as handsome as he was good natured. I work long hours in a hospital and don't get to ride as much as I'd like, but the horses were so well mannered and the guides Nina and Charlie so attentive any anxiety I had was soon allayed, even when going for a canter up a steep hillside. We really enjoyed meeting the other guests and borrowing the dogs Bella and Dora for a stroll after dinner every night. My non-riding partner had a great time hiking and found his way to the local pub down the road (and to Charlie's house, when the pub was closed:-) All in all, a totally relaxing stay and one I intend to repeat.

--Elizabeth Benson MD

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Caeiago, Owner at Caeiago Riding Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you so very much.x

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Fabulous weekend. I last visited Caeiago in 1991 when after a few years riding there I bought a horse from Charlie. Sadly, my horse passed away aged 29 and so I headed back with friends for a weekend riding. Still as great as it ever was. Lesley makes you so welcome, it's a real home from home with super home cooked meals. Charlie and Nina lead the rides and make sure everyone enjoys the riding and beautiful Welsh scenery. Thanks to the whole team we will be back again very soon.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Just back from a lovely week at Caeiago, our second visit this year. :-) We have been coming here for over ten years and really enjoy the friendliness of the staff and have made lasting friendships with other clients. The super meals provided by Les were great as usual. The rides were led by Nina and Charlie, and Lucy came with us on one trip. This year has been even more fun than usual as some new routes have been added and we have been able see even more of the lovely Welsh countryside. It makes all the work in the riding lessons at home even more worthwhile when you can put it to practice like this. An excellent break- more booked in for later this year!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends