All reviewswonderful horsesfeel at homeprevious visitsexperienced ridersbeautiful countrysidewonderful weekroast potatoeslasting friendshipsother guestshome cookingsconesgorgeous foodgreat careamazing holidayoff roadlying downspecial thanks
Reviewed 27 July 2016

After our first time at Caeiago last year, we returned for a similar, though sadly shorter, trip this year. My husband went off to the library archives again, whilst I went out for rides. Once again, everyone was very friendly and helpful. If you are interested in the area, Charlie knows just about everything there is to know! We had a great time chatting (and me learning) about kites and buzzards and forestry and who lived where, etc., as we rode to and from the lake.

P.S. Sorry Ffion, but Jenna is my new favourite - beautiful canter!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Just returned from a fantastic holiday with beautiful scenery, wonderful horses, great company (Lesley, Roddy, Charlie and family/friends), delicious home cooking (and baking) and lovely Belle and Dora to take me for a walk each evening. I have fancied a riding holiday for over 50 years (now in my 60th year and just got around to it). This trip was everything I had hoped it would be and much more. Some days were wet and cool but the welcome back always warm and friendly. Loved every minute and already thinking about next time.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Following our 1st trip last year to Caeiago we wondered whether we would have the same great time this year, and we did. Albeit that the weather was "Welsh" it didn't stop us from having good rides each day with the great escorts, Charlie, Nina and Roddy.
Every wish was granted and we all were given our favourite horses from last year, which made the holiday even more fun and special.
Great care is taken to ensure that everyone in the ride gets the level of support they need, especially the lass confident ones.
We also had wonderful food again from Lesley, who did an amazing job catering for a Vegan and a Vegetarian , each one with their own meals.
This is a great holiday for groups of riders. All bedrooms have ensuites and are spotless. Lesley works so hard and thoroughly cleans all the bedrooms and bathrooms each day while the guests are out riding. Shower gel, hand wash, towels, hair dryers, tea and coffee are supplied in every room.
When returning after a day in the saddle, tea, coffee and cakes are awaiting you.
Also you are allowed to take all your own drinks, alcoholic and soft, so it was nice to enjoy a drink or two with the crowd before and after dinner.
Nothing is too much trouble at Caeiago and the whole family and team go out of their way to make sure the guests have a good time.
This is a must for anyone wanting a riding holiday in the UK. The scenery is lovely, the horses are great and the hospitality is second to none. Go and enjoy.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 15 May 2016

This is my fifth trip to this dream of a place. The accommodation is spotless with all the rooms enjoying the same amenities. I always request and get a room to myself although shared accommodation is available. Lesley's food is legendary and plentiful. Her homemade cakes, scones etc are yummy and one always eats too much. The welcome one receives makes one feel one is coming home. Roddy's attention to detail in the yard ensure safety is paramount and the welfare of the horses is attended too at all times. The stables are spotless. The rides are full of interest even on a wet day! The horses are forward going and the rider is matched up to one that is going to give maximum pleasure according to one's ability. No-one is over-faced. Go and enjoy this wonderful, wonderful place. Whilst I was there four other regular people turned up who have been going there on and off for years. That is the greatest recommendation ever.

Room Tip: All are similar.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2016

An excellent short riding break at Caeiago: comfortable, clean accommodation, plentiful delicious home-cooked food. Friendly and helfpful hosts who went out of their way to accommodate (eg getting me to an early train on the day I left). Best of all, the wonderful horses: willing, obedient, and very well matched to my abilities. The riding was all I could have hoped for, through beautiful, various scenery, and with a calm, skillful guide. Brilliant horses, lovely people, nice place.

Stayed: March 2016