All reviews small fish and chips steak and ale pie yorkshire breakfast pies last sunday bunk beds the ritz lick of paint sticky toffee pudding two night stay real ale homemade bread car park following morning double room plenty of choice warm welcome
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Absolutely disgusted with my visit! Not only was the staff rude and perverted the room was dirty. The shower was clogged with hair, I could smell damp and dust, if I had somewhere else to stay I would have. Also the food was awful, there was a maggot on my plate inside my breakfast! Obviously not fresh at all. I will not be returning nor will I be recommending. Stay away if you don’t want to get poorly.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Stevie Leigh C
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Late Sunday afternoon we went for a carvery.
They had sold out already which wasn't a problem we just got something else.
The atmosphere was dull though and slot of the staff couldn't smile. (Small things big difference)
Probably wouldn't rush back but if I did I'd go earlier as I have heard good things.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank benjipk
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We were not welcome! We stood at the bar for 15 minutes while staff rushed past us without an acknowledgment. and then led by a morose individual to our room which was in the rear courtyard facing the back of the kitchen. There were with bird faeces all over the door. The shower had extensive mould on the ceiling and walls. The room was tiny tiny. The brown stained carpet was beyond knackered.During our three days stay the towels were changed once on the second day when the room was made up the wet towels were left draped over the radiators. There was one dining room chair but no room for a chair to rest on. We had one evening meal which was acceptable except for the staff chattering loudly as they laid up for breakfast. Happily we had glorious weather and the dales were stunning. Definitely going back to Skipton but not to this rundown pub.

Room tip: Go somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SCB53
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

My husband booked this room on booking .com for the Sunday night thinking that we would be able to walk into skipton but it was not in walking distance of skipton when we arrived at the pub to say we were disappointed was an understatement it was horrible it was carvery day and it stunk of cabbage it wasn’t clean or inviting at all no comfortable seats just dirty tables with hard chairs wasn’t looking forward to seeing the room at all and we were not disappointed it was dated dark dirty depressing and the shower room was appalling the entrance to the room was next to the linen cupboard which was open and a mess and there were 2 bags of dirty laundry on the floor outside the room .we walked in looked around said let’s go home got in car and left we wasted our weekend away and £62 but I wouldn’t have slept or washed in that room !!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Just stayed here after booking the wrong hotel! I presumed I had booked the Craven Heifer at Kelbrook near Skipton my fault didn't realise there are 2 within a short distance!
First impressions of going into bedroom wasn't good I must admit. In desperate need of a refurb. The bathroom smelt damp. It needs updating and new bathroom but in fairness was very clean.

Once settled in and looked past my initial thoughts the lady took me to the room and brought fresh milk. There was a kettle and hot chocolate tea and coffee along with bottled water. Hairdryer and toiletries. Nice white towels clean bedding. The extra touches were great and well thought. The décor just lets the review score down.

Ate in the pub which is very traditional, fantastic friendly staff and gorgeous food. Had breakfast in the morning which was amazing. Fresh fruit platter yogurts, juice. Full hot breakfast which was delicious.

I just sat there thinking fab service, amazing food and staff. What a shame the rooms let it down. If only they would do the rooms up I would be happy to pay more and definitely go back.

Pricewise you couldn't get much more for your money. On the Travelodge premier inn rates. I would think these would take their business way based on the rooms but if only they could sort the rooms out what a great place. And Im sure they would get 5 star ratings then!

Comfy bed too.