“Standards slipping”

The Tennant Arms
Ranked #86 of 162 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 18 October 2015

We have been visiting this pub occasionally for several years now and would have rated it 4 or even 5, but our most recent visit was somewhat of a disappointment. Quality of the crag burger was very mediocre, meat was very dry, as was the bun. The other meals were ok. When we came to pay we were charged more than the price stated in the menu and were given the excuse that it must have been an old one that had been missed when they were updated. No attempt was made to adjust our bill and the implied comment was 'tough'.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

I stayed at the Tennants on Saturday 26 Sept ,some friends of mine where having a folk music gathering at the place all weekend .so I went up there , the landlord and his staff are so friendly and welcoming, and could not do enough for my group of friends, We will definitely be returning

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Called in on the off chance for a thirst quenching beer. Landlord showed me caverey and I was hooked. Excellent choice of meats and lots of vegetables. I will certainly be returning with my wife in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

Called in for a drink on our way home after a day out in the Dales. We were made to feel very welcome and enjoyed sitting in the garden catching the last rays of sunshine.
The food being brought out looked lovely.
My only negative comment would be that a tidy up of the garden is well overdue. What a shame to have such a beautiful assert to the hotel but it is full of weeds!

Reviewed 8 August 2015

If you want really good food Tennants is the place to go ,the staff fell over them self's to be helpful best meal in a long time