See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Excellently decorated room, ample parking, quiet location, very friendly and helpful staff, freshly cooked breakfast with continental option. All for £45 per night, absolute bargain. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I think I may have hit it on a bad day, but sheets etc and towels clean, however shower still had remains of the previous occupants shower gel on it. Bright purple so not difficult to miss. I am really keen to have a sparkly clean bathroom when I stay away.

Told it was possible to have breakfast at 8.30 when booked then told it had to be at 7.45 night before. Just one person appeared to be in sole charge of the place and I think he tried hard but not quite there. Good facilities in room, but not good enough to encourage me to return. Breakfast was over done.

As for the evening meal it was very reasonably priced but basically chips some of which were overdone and a burger in a rather unexciting roll, with a choice of tomatoes source finger and something else and some salt. Very limited menu.

Its a shame beautiful area pub with potential, but perhaps more staff and a little love in the cleaning department would lift the place, but giving the benefit of the doubt perhaps it was just a bad day.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2017

staff was polite and made us feel welcome. Room was spacious, bed was very comfortable. Free wi-fi.
Local restaurant near by. Restaurant downstairs.
It was very quiet did not hear people leave the restaurants
Would recommend and stay again.
In the town centre

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere and welcoming staff, very peaceful rural surroundings, unrestricted access free parking and friendly local. The new live in Managers were fantastic, look after us very well. Strongly recommended

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Staff at the pub cant do enough for you. Made us feel right at home. I missed breakfast in the morning and they came over around 9am to see if I would like anything cooking up. The rooms are not in the pub itself but in an annexe out the back (a bit like chalets). Nice and quiet, massive beds, kettle, toaster, fridge/freezer, tv in room.

Located not far from the motorway in a very quiet village. We stayed there as a stop off point on our way to Norfolk. Theres reference to a chinese restaurant being at the pub online but this is no longer there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family