“Great Fine Dining Experience”
Review of El Quenepo

El Quenepo
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Esperanza
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 40
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fine dining located on the waterfront in Esperanza. Innovative cuisine with lots of flavors. Featured items include fresh local seafood, specialty cocktails, and local greens. Vegan and vegetarian items also available.
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Just came back from Vieques the other week from a vacation with friends. We wanted to enjoy a nice dinner at least one evening and this place was recommended to us and it did not disappoint. It is on the pricier side yes, but is well worth it - the atmosphere is beautiful with it's front doors that open right up to Esperanza's main drag/the beach, the food was not only elegantly displayed but delicious, and they had an impressive drink and cocktail menu. I wouldn't hesitate to visit this place again!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We ate at El Quenepo on our first visit to Vieques in Feb/Mar 2016. It's what one would call fine dining, and as such it can be pricey. But I'll be damned, it was worth every penny. Every bite, of every thing on my plate, was delicious. Everything perfectly prepared and presented. And the portions were very satisfactory. Not huge portions, but none of that tiny food nonsense either. I left well satiated, but not feeling like a fat, bloated tick that just fell off a dog! The cocktails were boozy and big, but with quality ingredients.

The decor is lovely, the seating not crowded, plenty of space between tables. And the service was superb. I was never left wanting. For a really nice meal, in a really nice setting, you cannot go wrong. Just don't expect it to be cheap. Go to Bananas down the street, if you're on a budget.

PS - The dropdown box to pick the date one was there doesn't go back to Feb 2016, so I picked Dec 2016 just to satisfy the requirement of picking one.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Aaron our server was absolutely amazing, and the food was peefect, from the owners shot elk, to the perfectly cooked steak and various seafoods. Woupd recommend aaron and el quenepo to anyone as a must do.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

This may be one of the few upscale restaurants in Vieques. It is not related to any hotel and it is worth the drive to Esperanza if you are in the other side of the island. I was not very happy with the table I got (location) but I quickly forgot about it when tasting their food.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I have been wanting to get back to this restaurant and finally did a couple of nights ago.
Im glad I did. It was a great night with a great friend.
We shared a mojito, which was seriously disappointing, but not terrible. Izt only got better however.
We shared the Tuna Poke and the sweet potato gnocchi. both were awesome and so different. the gnocchi were rich and tasty with a brown butter sauce. they were not too dense. so good. The tuna was over the top amazing though. the fish was so fresh, so cool and so refreshing. I think I will have two of those next time, once for the pp and one for the entrée. it created a physical relaxation. I cant say enough.
We then shared a staple for me, seared scallops and one of the specials, seared halibut with lobster ravioli in a lobster cream, sauce. I am not a fan of halibut but this was good. seasoned well and not too moist and not dry at all. the ravioli and sauce were equally good. the scallops were done nicely but not perfectly. they may have been tough on the edges.