Wife and I just celebrated our 'Ruby' by taking dinner and a room at this hotel. Food was up to Michelin standard, as was service. Staff were thoroughly pleasant and rooms exceptional in an 'Old Country House Hotel' style.
Expensive, but as with most things in life, you get what you pay for.
This is the kind of place where traditional accommodation meets up with contemporary fine dining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ynyshir is a 5 star restaurant with rooms near the Snowdonia National Park, Aberystwyth and Machynlleth. The restaurant at Ynyshir holds 5 AA rosettes - the first and only ever in Wales and has held 1 michelin star since 2014. Chef Patron Gareth Ward serves alternative British tasting menus using the very best of Welsh and British produce. Ynyshir showcases the best of Welsh ingredients following the seasons, such as Welsh Wagyu Beef and Anglesey Onions throughout the year, as well as locally foraged sea herbs from the estuary and greens from the woodland floor and gardens. During hunting season expect to see wild deer and local duck, grouse and partridge, and in summer Welsh Lamb from the Dyfi valley. Gareth and his team pickle, salt, ferment and preserve fruits, leaves and berries carrying the harvests through the winter and into the spring. Ynyshir is focused around the restaurant and what it offers, but why not stay in one of the amazing rooms and enjoy the full experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Eglwys Fach
- Ynyshir Hall Machynlleth
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Machynlleth
- Hall Ynyshir