“A little slice of paradise”
Come and join us here in the beautiful Valencian mountains!
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside
Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Meditate
See the world from a different perspective
Sunset at Yoga Sutra Shala
Practice yoga
Become healthy
Delicious healthy deserts with beautiful mountain views
Become strong
Relax at Yoga Sutra Shala
Learn to relax
Every cloud
Yoga blocks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
tamagotch...
Cork, Ireland
“A little slice of paradise”
Reviewed 6 January 2015 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

I travelled to Yoga Sutra Shala on a friends recommendation last October and had a fantastic trip. It's a beautiful setting high up in the hills surrounded by olive trees and mountains. A really peaceful place with amazing views and sunsets. Namit and Moru, the hosts were so lovely and welcoming too, I felt at home instantly. The facilities are great, comfy bed, nice lounge area with yoga books and dvds, a lovely balcony with sweeping views of the valley,a perfect spot for a massage in between yoga sessions, endless supply of fresh fruit and healthy snacks in between meals incase you feel peckish, a beautiful pool AND a tennis court!!
Namit is a great teacher and the yoga classes were a perfect blend of strong and soft. He always asked at the beginning of the session what we would like to focus on too which was great as then everyone got the most out of each practice. The yoga is held outdoors which was lovely, a warm breeze and incense wafting while the suns setting, what could be better?!
The food was delicious and plentiful! The best chamomile tea ever too! The cooks were lovely, always had time for a chat. I would highly recommend Yoga Sutra Shala, I hope I will make it back again this year. We had a great group too which only added to the experience. Fond memories :-)

Your age range 35-49
ChillianR...
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing experiencce”
Reviewed 21 December 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

A perfect retreat - from my arrival in the beautiful Andalusian mountains, to the nutritious & delicious vegetarian meals, and,of course, the yoga. Taught by a very special teacher, the programme is designed to benefit anyone - whatever their individual level. Namit gave me confidence to deepen my practice and, skillfully, tailored the programme to meet the needs of every individual. I had a wonderful time and met a lovely group of friends, spending sunny afternoons chatting by the pool. Thank you for a great time.

Your age range 35-49
NinaniV
Berlin, Germany
“Best retreat ever!”
Reviewed 5 December 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

I had the most beautiful week with Namit, Maru and my wonderful group. It is not just a yoga retreat but a time where you can totally relax, find yourself, meet great people and find new friends. The yoga classes have been adapted to everyone's level and had a different focus every day. The food was just spectacular and so delicious and thanks to Namit we learned a lot about nutrition and superfoods. I had two massages as well which have been incredibly good. This week changed my life and still keeps changing it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jenny C
Preston, United Kingdom
“A deeply enriching experience”
Reviewed 2 December 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

I had never travelled alone before or been to a yoga retreat before but the whole experience was wonderfully uplifting. I loved the laid back atmosphere around the retreat - it felt like you could be as you are in your own home. Namit''s teaching was brilliant and really personalised depending on your level. Being able to do yoga outdoors with stunning views of the mountains is wonderful. I was really interested in the whole ethos surrounding yoga and our group had some really good discussions with Namit about this. The food was really tasty and has definitely inspired me to try more vegetarian recipes. I have already recommended it to friends and would love to go back myself.

Andreea_1...
Sibiu, Romania
“Everything you would expect from a Yoga retreat”
Reviewed 28 November 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Yoga Sutra Shala was my first retreat and I must say it exceeded my expectations! Traveling for the 1st time alone and going on my first yoga retreat I wasn't too sure what to expect and I was quite nervous, but here is what I found:

Pre-arrival
From my 1st email I felt I was welcomed to go to Yoga Sutra Shala. Every question I had - it was answered in a matter of hours. I opted in for the transfer from Malaga to Sayalonga and it was great.

The Yoga Shala
A great place in the Sayalonga Mountains! The house is amazingly decorated and the rooms are spacious and clean. You are being provided towels as well. They have a large balcony overlooking the Sayalonga mountains which is perfect for meditation in the morning. They also have a large collection of books you can read and DVDs Documentaries you can watch in the evening. Yes - there is WIFI :)

The Flow & Mediation
Over a week I have experienced a great transformation becoming more confident in my Asans. We chanted, practiced pranayama, talked about the history of yoga and did an amazing Heart Chakra meditation (Thank you Namit, once again for this). Namit is a great and dedicated teacher! He is patient and takes time to help everyone achieve their initial goals. I found the schedule balanced and manageable.

I really can not describe this! It was amazing! Anna was our personal Chef who cooked for us every day vegan dishes using organic products from the Sayalonga area. Until then I had no clue that Vegan food can be so tasty. Unfortunately we had to complain that we didn't get cake every day :) the cakes were amazing and we were spoiled in the 1st days with delicious vegan cakes.

I strongly recommend this place for a yoga holiday. You make friend for life and Namit and Maru are great hosts! it was a pleasure meeting them and I think one day I will go back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Teacher, Food, Classes
Liked least: at times i felt it was a bit too warm in the rooms during the night but not a big deal
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing