Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Quick visit on way home

We love this eatery. We have been once before. We visit the area as we have relatives who live... read more

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Reviewed 20 May 2018
RichardV1398
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews kedgeree fresh fish new building scallops sea bass deli counter love fish food shop shellfish cake dishes cafe waiter
Reviewed 15 June 2018

My wife and stopped at this place on route to Newnham. It was a little tricky to spot immediately off a busy road, however, plenty of parking space. Service was quick and good.

I had Fish and Chips as this seemed to be the most popular looking at the other guests and what they had on their table.

The mushy peas were a little on the watery side. I would say overall an average meal and perhaps not much better than what you would get from a good chippy. Price was reasonable and on this basis, I didn't think it was a "rip off".

Would recommend, however, if I had to choose again I would choose one of the other meals.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

A superb place to visit for a coffee, full English breakfast or lunch. The fresh fish counter is superb and of very high standards. The fish is some of the freshest I have brought with a huge selection on display. The lady on the counter today had excellent knowledge of fish and shell fish. Purchasing marcel, mixed fish kebabs, tuna steaks and scallops and looking fantastically fresh.

Well worth a visit with a deli counter and small selection of fresh garden vegetables with a range of frozen fish from lobsters to salmon. There is a good selection of wines, would have liked to have see a few small unique vineyards (HMR mont rubi) would be nice to see. There is a good gift shop too.

A really good place to visit. A sign out side the location would help find you guys as I drove straight past .

Will def make this my place for fresh fish and cheeses .

Great place to visit and shop.

Well done!!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

We have bought fish from the shop for some years but had never eaten there, so when the new restaurant upstairs opened recently we gave it a go - sublime - understated décor which makes for a comfortable and informal atmosphere - love the way you get open sight of the cooks in the kitchen - service excellent and with a smile - and the meal was absolutely delicious - so we went back yesterday and loved it - and we'll go back again soon..... my top choice to eat superbly cooked fish. Mark & Pam

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We called in today for coffee and a sandwich. We chose a Crab Wrap. It cost £9 for a single wrap. It came cut into three small pieces with a very tiny salad. All one could taste was the salad cream. Crap has a delicate taste and does not need blotted out by other tastes. Looking at the crap meat was a another matter as it was hardly visable. My advice is to bypass this cafe unless you are happy to pay good money for VERY POOR QUALITY FOOD

4  Thank Roger B
Greg N, Culinary Director at Severn and Wye Smokery Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hello Roger B,

Thank you for your feedback which is very much appreciated. I am sorry to learn of your disappointing experience. However we would have appreciated the opportunity on the day you visited to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. Please let me know when you next intend to visit the Barn so we can do everything we can to make amends. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Greg Nicholson
Culinary Director

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing new building housing cafe, restaurant and deli.
Went for lunch which we all enjoyed very much.
Good selection of smoked items together with alternatives but best to like fish! We did.