Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Quick visit on way home

We love this eatery. We have been once before. We visit the area as we have relatives who live... read more

Reviewed 9 September 2018
Cavatina42
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
via mobile
Excellent

We made an ad hoc visit to this restaurant and were delighted. The service was friendly and... read more

Reviewed 13 July 2018
GlavumTraveller
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews kedgeree fresh fish new building scallops sea bass deli counter love fish food shop shellfish cake dishes cafe waiter
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We called in today for coffee and a sandwich. We chose a Crab Wrap. It cost £9 for a single wrap. It came cut into three small pieces with a very tiny salad. All one could taste was the salad cream. Crap has a delicate taste and does not need blotted out by other tastes. Looking at the crap meat was a another matter as it was hardly visable. My advice is to bypass this cafe unless you are happy to pay good money for VERY POOR QUALITY FOOD

4  Thank Roger B
Greg N, Culinary Director at Severn and Wye Smokery Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hello Roger B,

Thank you for your feedback which is very much appreciated. I am sorry to learn of your disappointing experience. However we would have appreciated the opportunity on the day you visited to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. Please let me know when you next intend to visit the Barn so we can do everything we can to make amends. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Greg Nicholson
Culinary Director

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing new building housing cafe, restaurant and deli.
Went for lunch which we all enjoyed very much.
Good selection of smoked items together with alternatives but best to like fish! We did.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

The new cafe and shop looks very good, the building looks great. My decided to have a lunch in the cafe, and chose fish and chips.
The quality of the chips and fish was excellent, possibly the best I have had, portions are are a bit on the small side, but for lunch it's a probably about right. The battered fish was light and very crispy. Tried the pistachio battenburg cake with a decaf coffee for afters. Again it was near perfect.
Only gripe was the cafe was a bit on the cold side..
Will be back soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I was very excited by this restaurant . A fabulous building and a buzzing atmosphere unfortunately it was all down hill from here. The service was slow with the staff looked like they wanted to be anywhere else but serving in a restaurant. The starters were ok. The main course arrived to reveal the smallest Dover sole i have ever seen. The waiter did apologise. The seafood platters looked great but with overcooked scallops and crevetts and the crab claws that had no crab in them. They seemed to have taken great ingredients and ruined them. Not nice. I hope they can sort the staff and food out because it is a beautiful looking restaurant. I will return to the shop and check out the cafe but the restaurant will take longer to risk again. Very disappointed.

2  Thank briane145
Greg N, Manager at Severn and Wye Smokery Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hello briane145,

Please accept my apologies for the service you received and your disappointment with the food. I have spoken to the staff on duty and they are sincerely sorry for any shortcomings. All the team are dedicated to providing high quality and professional hospitality and we appreciate your feedback. Please let me know when you next intend to visit the Barn so we can do everything we can to make amends. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Greg Nicholson
Culinary Director

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Great choice of fish and cheese and loads of other things. Very clean and tidy nice cafe friendly and helpful staff

1  Thank DaveS4172