All reviews free pizza bed was comfortable spa bath shuttle bus concert auckland television kettle
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We were booked here by our airline after a 12 hour wait at the airport. We were given such a friendly welcome and were so relieved to find such immaculately clean, well equipped rooms. The beds were comfy and we are ready for another attempt to fly home today. Thank you so much for making our long delay just that little bit easier to manage!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018

The woman at the desk was helpful. We were in Auckland for the Ed Sheeran Concert and she told us about the okay priced bus that could shuttle us there and back. We booked it and later wandered down to the nearby KFC for our kai.
The shuttle bus was on time and we liked the laid back soundtrack on board. Upon returning from the concert, every room received a free pizza from reception! It went down a treat!
The modern room was exactly as advertised, clean and the bed was comfortable. We slept well.
We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
540Motel, General Manager at 540 on Great South Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for your kind words! We enjoy providing such a reliable service for our guests! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Made a booking at this hotel a year ago, put written request asking for a late check in as our flight was in at 11.45 pm. Tried to email hotel on their own web site but was unable to do so, their system just would not allow me to email. Telephoned the property only to hear recorded message advising reception was closed. Called again spoke to a female Sam who was very brusque, gave her my details so she could email instructions for late arrival. No instructions came, called again, Sam kept on overt talking so I was impossible speak, she rattled off an email address and told me to email her, then put the phone down on me. As we were already enroute I had to phone again this time the phone was answered by the most rude male I have ever met in all my 64 years on this planet and as a world wide traveller. Again I had to explain what had happened, he also overtalked constantly, i asked him what I could do and he advised me to cancel and told me not to get “snippy” with him, I did point out I was the customer but the male who did not give his name, put the phone down. I do not believe customers are always right but I do believe they should be treated with respect and civility. Needless to say I cancelled.

Room tip: Don’t even try to stay here unless you wish to be insulted.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

With flight diversions due to weather Air NZ accommodated us in this motel along with about 20 others.
Motel is basic but the room we had was fine. Staff were very friendly and helpful with tips for food, help rebooking flights and transfers to the airport.
Fine for a night in a squeeze. Various fast food options within 5mins walk.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Stayed 2 nights concluding our 3 week vacation on the North Island of New Zealand, only limited internet is offered, it is per stay and not per day, no free wifi area either, far too cheap ! The Inn Keeper wanted $16.00 per Gb for additional wifi. Further, our room was not changed, refreshed, no bedding, towels, tea, coffee, no bins emptied .......NOTHING !! It's not cheap, it's not nice, so, do not stay here, give it a miss, there is plenty of accommodation nearby !

Room tip: Stay elsewhere !
Date of stay: January 2018