See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Quiet but far from center and accommodations.
We paid 250 per night for double bed, fan, cold water.
Room floor was clean, it is the only good point we found...
Walls are dirty, the room smell bad, doors are old and don't works well, bathroom is not separated of the bedroom, towels smell bad, bed are very old, no tv, no fridge, sad lights, dirt fan...
We rented a motorbike (250 a day) to see the different prasat. Bad idea bikes were old and the one we get stopped after 30 km...
The owner is not friendly, don't care about you but will be happy to take your money. First he wanted to offer me a "free coffee" to forget the bike story !!! He is honest (never tried to trick us) but definitivly not a tourism professionnal ! After a long talk he finally accepted to refund half of the bike rental.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Benilille
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hostel is ok, breakfast is alright, rooms are ok, but the whole place could use some work, the english speaking owner is friendly and offers a chauffeur service to visit the Phanom Rung Temple for between 1000 and 1500 baht.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo F
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed in Nang Rong to visit the local Khmer temples. I intended to stay at Honey Inn but as I walked from the bus station and found the terrible main road, and a series of building sites, I wondered if I had the wrong idea...

I needn't have worried. Once you turn off the motorway, suddenly things become much more bucolic; low rise houses, fields, gardens. And Honey Inn offers a warm welcome, together with free fruit (finger bananas in a dish marked 'free'), cold drinks from the fridge (paid for), and internet (I was lent the host's laptop as the desktop wasn't working). Honey Inn also rents out motorbikes, so I could visit the temples on my own, starting early, though that meant I couldn't get to the furthest out site on the Cambodian border.

It was a bit cold for Thailand, so I asked for an extra blanket when I set out. When I got back from my trip, it was already in my room. Even better, a couple of Aussie tourists were visiting that one furthest away temple in the morning, and it was suggested I might share the trip with them if they agreed... they did, and I had a fantastic day out. Really this guy went out of his way to make my stay an enjoyable and hassle-free one. Top marks for service.

As for the room; decent, clean, with towels and soap, Hello Kitty blanket which made me smile, and a light switch next to the bed rather than (as usual in Thai guesthouses) far away on the other side of the room. Comfortable bed, decent bathroom, and good value for the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank captainnedludd
Reviewed 3 August 2013

From Bus station, about a kilometer up main road behind hospital. Basic, clean, very nice laid back management. TV, hot water. They got me a very good driver for visiting Khmer temples. Hostel/guesthouse type lodging.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JohnfromOakland
Reviewed 26 May 2013

As the title says. The Host (Chris) was exceptionally friendly and helpful and spoke english very well a genuinely nice guy. The room was not the best you'll find, but for rural Thailand it is on par with what I expect and perfectly comfortable. Attractive location and I recommend renting a motorbike for the day, loads of fun and very cheap.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo