“An excellent, dog-friendly stay at The Stagg”
Review of The Stagg Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Titley
The Stagg Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Titley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I was watching the documentary on tv about tripadvisor, and it reminded me that I've been meaning to write a review of The Stagg ever since we stayed there in late July. It was the second time we've stayed there (third time we've eaten there), and it's a fantastic place. We have family living locally, so it's a real treat to occasionally go and gorge ourselves on such great food.

This time was the first time we've visited with our dog, and the owner and manager couldn't have been more accomodating. They laid a table for us in a cosy corner of the bar, so the dog could be in her basket beside us, and did the same again for breakfast. The food, as it has been before, was absolutely superb - it's a measure of how good it was that I can still remember what we had! We sat in the very pretty garden to eat our starters - I had smoked salmon and crab with an avocado mousse/puree. Lovely. My husband had pigeon breast with bacon and lentils and it was fantastic - really deep complex flavour (that we've since tried to recreate and can't). My husband had Hfdshire steak for his main, which he really enjoyed, and I had pork belly with pork rillette, which was delicious. We managed pudding but not their amazing cheeseboard this time - damn; we'll just have to go back again. We were then plied with complimentary flavoured vodka by the manager - seville orange marmalade flavour, if I remember rightly, though our memory is boozily hazy by that point. We repaid his kindness by our dog eating the leftover sausages that the manager had his eye on at breakfast the next morning. Oops - I blame the generosity of the chef.

We slept in a different room to last time, and both were lovely. A really nice touch, I felt, was that you are given a flask of fresh milk to keep in the room for your morning tea. That sums up The Stagg for me - it's the little touches that make it a special place to stay. That and the stupendously good food, obviously!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Weekend break with the wife.The room was down the road which is not ideal but staff always offer a lift .The room was lovely and quiet but a bit disturbing we had no security on our door when we left.Restaurant was great with excellent food and service.Good wine list and excellent service

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Fab. We stayed here for out first anniversary in the old vicarage then ate at the pub. E ery thing was fantastic

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have visited the Stagg several times and the food is always outstanding. The pub is lovely and about a 10 minute drive from Kington in the countryside. There is a very large selection of drinks to include local ales and spirits etc.

Sunday lunch is extremely reasonably priced with a 3 course meal priced at just under £20.00. You will need to book though as it does get very busy.

I have to recommend the bread and butter pudding - it is the most amazing thing I have ever eaten and is always my pudding choice when I visit!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

This was our second stay and we arrived after a 90 mile day on bicycles. The welcome was as we remembered, very friendly. Excellent food and ales and a lovely room with a very relaxing bath. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to The Stagg Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK